PDA

View Full Version : Our Honeymoon Marathon Trip – Prologue

Rosanne
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
After a very long (2+ year) engagement, my DH and I got married in March. During our engagement, I saved all of my vacation time for a very nice honeymoon :cloud9:; that being said, I desperately needed a relaxing trip after the craziness of planning a 250 person wedding while working full time. :crazy:

We tossed around the “Should we do a Disney honeymoon” question for our entire engagement. Even after I said I needed to relax more (and in Disney, even if it is my intention to relax, it never happens. I am awake and running to the bus at 7am) one of us would bring up the idea of going to Disney instead of the 10 night Princess cruise we booked. In addition, I did the Disney College Program and a Disney Professional Internship. As much as I love Disney, I don’t look at it as a vacation; rather, I look at it as visiting “home.” Therefore, in the last month leading up to the wedding, we put the Disney idea on hold.
… Or so I thought!

On the night of our rehearsal dinner, DH gets up to make a speech. After he thanked our family and friends for attending, he told everyone he had a surprise for me. DH then announces that instead of going home Thursday morning after we docked, we would be renting a car in Fort Lauderdale and going to WDW until Saturday morning!:mickey3:

I would get to wear my Minnie bride ears after all!:princess: :mickey:

SBETigg
05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
What an awesome surprise! Can't wait to read the rest of the report. Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

mouseketeer mom
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh My gosh! That gave me the chills!! I love it!!

DizNee143
05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
what a great surprise!!:mickey:

KylesMom
05-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Just when you thought everything was on HOLD, a wish came true. Sounds like you had a little visit from Tinkerbell! Isn't it nice to know your DH would do something so unexpected to make you happy? Best Wishes - can't wait to read more!

yjgirl32
05-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I love surprises!!!!

Rosanne
05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
It was really funny because I'm used to being in control of our Disney trips. I am the type that has the alarm 180 days before so I can make dining reservations. It was weird because I kept asking, "What are we going to do first?" "Where are we going to eat?"
It was actually fun to have him do the planning for once. I taught him well :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
That's awesome:cloud9:

princessgirls
05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Congratulations and Best Wishes on your marriage!

What a wonderful surprise!! That is awesome!!!

Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Um, your new husband gets SO MANY points for that one! Congratulations, on both your marriage, and finding a husband who shares your love for Disney!
:mickey:

faline
05-13-2011, 07:37 PM
You have clearly made a wise decision in your choice of spouse! What a terrific surprise and a great way to begin your married life!