PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Trip....

RavsRuleDisney!
05-10-2011, 10:14 AM
We are making our next trip down this Nov. but were contemplating an end of school June-ish time frame to go. Quickly poo-pooed by the DW - toooo hot!! I personally enjoy the warmer temps minus any crazy crowded days. Could be a flashback to the few times as a child the family went down, both times after school let out for summer.

Anyone else like going to the world when you're guaranteed warmer if not a bit toasty, sunny weather?! :cool:

Mickey'sGirl
05-10-2011, 10:36 AM
We like going in the summer. The kids love to swim, and being guaranteed the daily opportunity is a big plus for us! Also, we like the longer park hours in the summer. We do the parks in the morning, then often leave for our resort during the heat of the day to swim and have dinner, then back to the parks in the evening. I

darthmacho
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't love the heat at all, but mid August is our optimum chance to visit WDW. If June works for you, go for it, and tell your wife to stop pooh-poohing! :pooh: Seriously!

disneymom15
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I love the HOT weather. Husband and daughter, not so much. To me, any time we can go, doesn't matter what the weather might bring. Taking an afternoon break is the way to go.

KylesMom
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
We actually prefer the heat - I know, crazy! It This is the only time of the year that we can go for the length of time we want, so we've always toured between May & August. Perhaps we're just used to what to expect . . .

Everyone constantly asks why we don't go in the winter to get away from the cold Chicago weather. First off, we'd never be able to pull DS from school. But really, I can't imagine visiting Disney World in what could potentially be cold weather!

Like Mickey'sGirl, we hit the parks early, return to the resort to swim & relax, then head back to the parks in the evening - usually including an ADR in there before the sun goes down. :mickey:

kakn7294
05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I love going in the summer. I always know what the weather will be and can pack accordingly. We just went for 5 days in January and ended up taking just as much luggage as we do for a 9 - 10 day trip in the summer because we needed to pack for "just-in-case" weather and jeans and hoodies take up so much more room than shorts and t's.

Disney-4-Me
05-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Since DH and I are both teachers summer is the only time we can go for more than a long weekend. The heat never did bother us too much except when AK was new and hotter than blazes with not too much to do.

Disney in the heat is still better than being home.;)

AmandaChan
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
We usually go in May and the heat is not too bad, it's usually really nice. But I think the weather is probably more unstable in the spring than the summer. I've been years ago in the summer and there was the daily storm that would cool things down and that was it.. but the last time we went in May in 2009 the spring weather was terrible. It stormed all day everyday. I was actually going to make a post about how reliable the summer weathers are??? Seems like the afternoon, welcomed storm is consistent. I don't know if floridians could confirm this for me!

Cinderelley
05-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Take this with the understanding that we live in Phoenix -
We had a big family reunion in early June, 2005. I thought the weather was fantastic. No one else in the family complained about it either.

DisneyGirl85
05-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I love going in the summer. I always know what the weather will be and can pack accordingly. We just went for 5 days in January and ended up taking just as much luggage as we do for a 9 - 10 day trip in the summer because we needed to pack for "just-in-case" weather and jeans and hoodies take up so much more room than shorts and t's.

:ditto: Also, this past December was my first time going to WDW in the winter and it just didn't feel the same to me. Maybe because I am from MD and when I go to Florida I expect it to be warm:sun:

princessjojo
05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
We usually go during the mid-late June time and love it. We get the longer park hours plus "swimable" pool water. We're used to the heat & humidity so we don't find it too terrible to tolerate. Wouldn't trade our 9-10 day summer vacations for 3-4 day winter ones for anything..........yet...

Tink#64
05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
We now go in June because DS's are both teens & can't pull them out of school like we could when they were younger. Last year early June was really HOT in WDW, but we came back home to find it hotter & more humid at home! Louisville, KY is so often one of the most humid locals, so if it's hot without the humidity in WDW it's better than at home! lol :fan:

We're heading back to the world at the end of June this year, and I'm more concerned about the crowds than the heat. But I do miss the days of those early May trips, the weather was almost always fantastic for touring the parks! But honestly, I think that AK is the aboslute hottest in WDW always!

No matter the weater, but imho the best plan for the heat, be there at park opening, take your breaks midday ( we always hit the resort pool & have lunch or dinner poolside) & return to parks in the pm. :thumbsup:

White Rose
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm sad to say, I'm really done with doing trips over the summer at Disney, at least, until I eventually have children of my own.

I think part of it may have something to do with my third and fourth trips being in mid June. I HATE being hot. :thedolls: And I am much more of a cool weather person then hot. I get cranky super fast and it just never ends well, even if I am in Disney World. I live in Maryland and am all too familiar with the Florida humidity because it is very similar, if not worse, in Maryland during the summer.

My last trip was in January, of this year and I LOVED it. We left 20F weather in Maryland, to arrive in Florida to varying temps of 55-70ish. It was heavenly. I only needed my light weight jacket, no big bulky coat, but it wasn't TOO warm. I plan on going back again in Jan 2012, I loved it so much.

So, yes. Not a warm weather person by any stretch of the imagination but kudos to all of you who can take that hot Florida weather! I can see why summer works out best for some people in traveling to WDW and how some may prefer the warmer weather.

PercyPug
05-24-2011, 06:07 PM
We're going the Fourth of July, so it should be blazing hot! I love the heat though, and being from Atlanta, you get used to it. Honestly, there are so main air-conditioned attractions, if you get warm, go see a show! It doesn't feel like Florida to me when it's cold!