PDA

View Full Version : First cruise! help!

Mickey's 4Walls
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I booked a DOVR on the 2nd floor... Is this ok?
What do I do next? Disney Dream/ 3nights/ I have a 5 yr boy and 12 yr boy... DH too. This will be added on to the end of our WDW Christmas trip. Sail Dec1. This is my Birthday present!:mickey: what excursions to book? We just want to see Atlantis - where to eat? Thx :pirate::skull:

Mom2threeboys
05-10-2011, 06:27 AM
We cruised on the Dream this past February and it was wonderful! We were also on Deck 2 and the room was beautiful and very quiet. We never heard any noise when we were in the room and everyone told me that the lower you go, the better, as far as movement, so you should be fine. Also, if you go on the DCL website and go to the planning center, you can do online check in there and book your excursions. I can't quite remember how far ahead you can do this, but when you enter your information in, it should tell you. We did the Discover Atlantis one, and enjoyed it very much. You can also register your younger child for the Oceaneer Club there, too. That way, when you get to the port, you will just have to get him his bracelet and he will be ready to go. Make sure your older child checks out the Edge - my boys loved it! Have a wonderful trip!!:D

LorrieP
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
You can start booking excursions 45 days out. We are going to do the Discover Atlantis as well. We've been to Atlantis before back in 2008. Then you didn't have to pay to get in, you could just take a water taxi over and walk around the aquarium for free. We loved it. It's absolutely gorgeous. I've read on these boards that you can still take a water taxi over and only pay $25 to get into the aquarium. Not true. My friend just went a couple of weeks ago and admission is $40. For me it's well worth the $59 for the excursion.

Donald_Quackers
05-10-2011, 09:54 PM
You can book excursions 75 days to 3 days before your cruise given it's fully paid (and for first time cruisers, it has to be paid by 75 days so that should be taken care of).

Other cruises have different requirements, but the Bahamas cruises have been that.