PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT simulated ride

Dream'nDisney
05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I thought I read somewhere that EPCOT had some similar simulated attractions (maybe in Innoventions?) similar to DisneyQuest. Is that correct? I am not talking about Mission Space. My son would love to go back to DQ, but we were going to try to save a little money this time and skip the water parks and DQ.

ILoveLegos
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Perhaps you are thinking of "The Sum of All Thrills" presented by Raytheon in Innoventions? It is a build your own roller coaster kind of simulator "ride". You have to be 48 inches tall to ride and 54 inches if you design an inversion into your coaster! It is as awesome as you build it! :mickey:

Melanie
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Definitely thinking of Sum of All Thrills. It uses the Kuka Arm technology and like Johnetta explained, you have a choice of a jet, roller coaster or bobsled. We've done them all multiple times and it's always fun! Usually wait isn't more than 20 minutes.

Dream'nDisney
05-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes. That is it! Thank you. Is it still up and running? He had a blast building and riding a rollercoaster at DisneyQuest a few years ago. What else is in that area?

mgmnut
05-09-2011, 11:07 PM
My daughter and I rode CyberSpace Mountain, at Disney Quest, like 6 times one night a few years back. We had a blast, it was so fun to design and ride your own coaster.

I am so looking forward to The Sum of All Thrills this upcoming trip. Especially seeing you get to decide between a coaster, a jet, or a bobsled as Melanie had mentioned.

CyberSpace Mountain was created quite a few years back. With more advanced technology these days, I can only imagine how much better this could be.

Pop Centurion
05-11-2011, 08:42 PM
CyberSpace Mountain was created quite a few years back. With more advanced technology these days, I can only imagine how much better this could be.
In some ways Sum of all Thrills is better, in some ways it's not. IMO, Cyber SM spins & flips you around faster & seems faster & more thrilling. The loops on SOAT feel more realistic but are slower.