PDA

View Full Version : Magic around every corner part 4

Katzateer
05-08-2011, 09:44 PM
After my boat ride around the Epcot resorts I started my walk around the World Showcase in France. I love the toparies there. And the entire feel of France. The film is so good and the music is wonderful - so I got out of the afternoon sun and enjoyed the French countryside and didn't even fall asleep (which I have done in the past).

I took pictures of all the flower show displays and really enjoyed visiting all the countries and stores and taking pictures.

Got to listen to Off Kilter in Canada and when the guys came out on stage tears started running down my face. That really caught me by surprise. (This was my mother in law Peggy's favorite group and we used to come every year with her. She passed away this past August and we even had a bag-pipe player at her funeral because she loved the music so much).

I enjoyed the concert even if it was making me miss her.

Shopping in Japan was a lot of fun. My girls both asked me to pick up a few items and I got myself a really cute owl ceramic bowl.

I had never noticed the caramel store in Germany and went inside to just take a look. That is something I have to try next trip-the sweets smelled and looked so good. But I had an early PS at Garden Grill and didn't want to ruin my meal by snacking.

Also went on the ride in Mexico which I don't like as well as the old one but it is a cool place to relax on a hot afternoon.

After checking my map and making sure I had made it to all the Flower Show displays I went to The Land and checked in a little early for my seating at the Garden Grill. I didn't even have time to sit down and my pager went off.

We have not been able to get a seating the past few trips and I felt lucky to get one for this trip. Since they no longer have lunch it is a lot harder. I don't miss the ice cream festival seating but lunch was always nice.

The food was good. I really enjoyed my salad. I took one look at the bowl the waitress brought to the table with tongs in it. I took the tongs out and just ate out of the bowl:tasty:

The turkey was good, the steak was ok, the vegetables were really good but I didn't like the fish that much.

I didn't get any seconds on anything except another spoonful of cranberry sauce.

The dessert is not my favorite and it wasn't really cooked long enough. I picked all the apples out but left the rest in the pan.

I was very full when I got done and this is one meal that is better with a group. Don't think I would go by myself again-especially a character meal.

When I wobbled out I stopped to see the Lion King movie and relaxed. Didn't fall asleep in that one either:thumbsup:

Went on Soaring with my fast pass.

More pictures then got a spot next to the exit to take the boat back to MGM. Sat for about an hour on the bridge right next to where we had the Intercot Illuminations Viewing party a few years back. Another group was having a party there. And right below me were 2 boats having a cruise viewing like my family shared with Carol a few years back.

Illuminations was great. I love waiting at Epcot and trying to figure out all the accents of the other guests.

It was easy to leave Epcot and I got on the first boat out and was at MGM less than 30 minutes later.

Used my fast pass for Toy Story Mania. My score wasn't very high-but it was fun.

Got a seat for Fantasmic which was very full and it was the second showing that night.

I stayed for most of it and then headed out before the crowds. I love MGM at night. Didn't have a long wait for the bus.

Got back to my room about midnight. Packed, showered and set alarm for 6am.

Checkout was easy in the morning. Magical Express was great and got to airport in plenty of time.

Now.....time to start planning a fall trip. Hopefully with an Intercot meet.

MinnieMommie
05-09-2011, 06:55 AM
You really know how to navigate the parks and get the most out of a day! I hear how much you miss your mother in law and feel for you.

How nice to be able to see all the flower show displays at your own pace. You make a good argument for a solo trip during this time of year! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-09-2011, 09:45 AM
A little sad, missing MIL, but it's good that you were able to enjoy Off Kilter and everything else that Epcot had to offer - Garden Grill and Illuminations included. I agree, we really miss Garden Grill for a lunch location!

Not surprising that even the second showing of Fantasmic was crowded. Glad you got a seat & were able to catch this nighttime show, too!

Man, I don't think that the alarm would have been my friend at 6 am after these late nights - but you've sure had a great quick trip! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Enjoyed reading about your solo trip. Lots of fun and you got a lot done.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day

yjgirl32
05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Another great report. Thanks for sharing.

emerzmom
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Thanks for sharing. I went to DL twice alone and it just isn't the same without your family. I am glad you had a good time and Happy Birthday! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
A great day!

I've been hearing RAVE reviews about this caramel in Germany. Sounds so yummy!!!

Glad you enjoyed Off Kilter, even if it did bring up memories. I'm sure your MIL was listening along with you!!!

Illuminations and Fantasmic in one night!! You go!!!!

Thanks for the report!
Julie:mickey:

faline
05-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Although there was some sadness in your day, I'm sure it was mixed with good memories as well.

You certainly had a whirlwind tour of Disney!