PDA

View Full Version : Daytona?!

txdisneyfanatic
05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
We will be driving to DisneyWorld this year and would like to visit a beach one afternoon if time permits. Any advice on Daytona? Is it worth the drive? Is it a nice beach, etc? Thanks! :mickey:

NJGIRL
05-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I went to Daytona in August a very, very long time ago and I was a little disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the beach at all, it was fine. But what I had in my mind and what it was were two different things. Where we were it was empty and nothing around at all, but every once in a while a car/truck would could racing down the beach and truthfully it was a little stressful.

There were beaches we could have gone to that were alot closer and just as nice. I kept thinking why did we spend a day and drive all the way here.

Again this was many years ago so things may have changed.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
We drove to Daytona and St Pete in March and I much preferred the Tampa/St Pete area. Daytona was about an hour and Tampa/St Pete wasn't much more than that.

Bucs300
08-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Each beach is a little different. On the east coast like Daytona they allow you to drive vehicles on the beach, on St Pete/Clearwater Beach they don't. If you're into surfing the waves are much bigger on the east coast compared to the west coast. Now it's about a 2 hour drive from Disney but if any of you ever get a chance to go to the Sarasota/Bradenton area visit Siesta Key Beach. It's actually voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world and has been voted top beach in the nation in the past. Very beautiful beach.