PDA

View Full Version : Poly vs. BC

DisneysWVmom
05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
We are a family of four. Two girls age 13 and 10. We want to stay at a deluxe for the first time. I have narrowed it down to the Poly or BC. Leaning towards Poly. Tell me your thoughts and what room would you stay in and why?:mickey::mickey:

Mousemates
05-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Pro Poly:

Monorail access to MK and Epcot (to go to epcot just walk to the ticket and transportation station instead of riding the resort monorail all the way around the loop).

Disney nostalgia and charm.

Big rooms

Pro BC:

The BEST pool in WDW

boat access to the studios

easy walk to Epcot (we love to "walk home" from the parks at night...which in the MK resorts you can only do at the CR).

walk over to the boardwalk and mini-golf

Hot Tubs

my suggestion is that if you are big time MK park commandos then then do the poly...but if not, then the BC is likely a better overall choice.

buzznwoodysmom
05-08-2011, 10:40 AM
We've had this same "problem" once. Our solution.....a split stay. We ended up doing BC for 7 nights and the Poly for 3 nights. I kind of wish we had done it opposite because we loved the Poly a lot more than the BC. Both are excellent resorts, but the Poly felt special to us. We love MK the most, and like the food options along the monorail more so the Poly is just a better fit for our family. The BC may be a better option for a family that spends lots of time at Epcot or DHS. Good luck deciding, either way you'll have a fabulous time!

LudwigVonDrake
05-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I have stayed at both and would choose the Poly for the location. However, take a look at the Wilderness Lodge. It has become my favorite deluxe :mickey:

SBETigg
05-08-2011, 02:07 PM
There's something so magical about staying within sight and sound of the Magic Kingdom, plus great transportation options. Also, fun pool, great restaurants, and well-done theme. The BC, great pool and it's nice to be close to Epcot and DHS. But the Poly has the right feel for us. My favorite resort is the Grand Floridian, but as a family we love the Polynesian.

DisneysWVmom
05-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Thank you for all the info!!!:thumbsup:

ledudes
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Those are our two favorites. Poly has a great atmosphere and it is nice being close to the magic kingdom. You can also watch the fireworks from the beach at the poly. We had a great room wiht a view of the castle without paying extra. I think the building started with a T and it was 415 or something like that. There used to be a whole web site wiht the room locations. BC is awesome for the pool and the fact that you can basically walt to epcot or HS if you want and then take the monorail to MK so you could avoid buses altogether if you wanted. You won't be dissapinted wiht either choice.

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
We've stayed at both and the Polynesian is our favorite. Being on the monorail system is a great plus for us. We also spend more time at the Magic Kingdom so the location of the Poly is also better for us.

The atmosphere of the Poly is so relaxing, especially at night, so it's the perfect place for us.