PDA

View Full Version : Magic around every corner Part 2

Katzateer
05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
When I arrived at the Contemporary by monorail I checked in for the California Grill and went up for one of the best views in the World. Lots of business people for a group seating.

I waited about 5 minutes and one of the employees asked my name. He asked if I would be interested in sitting at the counter at the chef viewing seating. Will, yeah! I got to talk to the chefs while they were making all these fantastic meals and the sushi chef was right in front of me and he was very nice and it was fun to watch him.

I got the chocolate creme brulee which was so good I was about ready to start licking my plate but controlled myself. The waiter had put a chocolate Happy Birthday wafer on the plate.

About 10 minutes until Wishes so I went out on the balcony. All these people talking-not many kids. That rudely lasted during a lot of the fireworks.

It was a beautiful night-no jacket needed. Wishes was wonderful as always.

Made my way back over to the MK and found a seat for the next Electrical Light Parade. I have seen the parade many times over the years and love it. This was the first time in a long time I got to see it and it was FANTASTIC. Has changed a lot and just beautiful!

There was also a show shown on the castle with pictures and music. I missed most of it but that was an interesting new thing to see.

The crowds thinned a lot after the 2nd parade of the night. I walked onto Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan (I had gotten a fast pass earlier), about a 10 minute wait for Dumbo.

I could have walked on anything at this point but I was so tired so I slowly headed out of the park-stopping at a few shops and just loving being on Main Street.

I could have rode a few more rides but on a solo trip some things I just don't enjoy riding without my family. too many memories of us going together so I just decided to wait for our next family trip.

By the time I got back to my room it was after 1am and I was ready for bed after a quick shower!

Tomorrow my Epcot Flower Show day!!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
What a great end to the day!

yjgirl32
05-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Awesome day!

ElenitaB
05-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Definitely a great evening. :thumbsup:

I've never contemplated a solo trip, but I think the Flower & Garden Festival is definitely one time of year that I would love to spend some time alone moseying along... somehow the kid doesn't want to "stop and smell the roses" as much as I do. :shake:

Looking forward to your next installment.

RedSoxFan
05-08-2011, 04:59 PM
WOW --- What a great end to your day. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-09-2011, 06:46 AM
What a nice night! Wishes from Cali Grill, Electric Parade, HM queue, 10 min wait for Dumbo (I wish for me), a walk on for PP and shopping on Main St and more. What a night!! :mickey:

KylesMom
05-09-2011, 09:26 AM
What a treat to be seated at the chef viewing area - I bet that was fun. Somewhat of a bummer, though, that you couldn't take Wishes in the way you had hoped.

Glad you were able to catch MSEP and several other attractions prior to your grand exit. All in all, a fabulous first day! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
A Magical evening!

A very very enjoyable time!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-10-2011, 01:52 PM
California Grill sounds wonderful

faline
05-13-2011, 06:59 PM
What a lovely end to the first day! No wonder you were finding magic around every corner!