PDA

View Full Version : Magic around every corner Part 1

Katzateer
05-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Last week I went to WDW for a short side trip. I had free passes with Southwest and had to go to St. Louis for a few days and decided to end my week with a short solo vacation at WDW.

I arrived at MCO about 2pm and had no problem getting to POP with Magical Express. Check in was easy. I had requested a top floor room in the 50's section and was given a room in the 70's so I asked that to be changed and they were able to.

I picked up some park guides and when I got to my room and unpacked I noticed the MK was open until 1 am! I had planned on only going to the parks the next day but with a 6 day non-expiring park hopper burning a hole in my pocket I had to rethink my plans.

Hopping on the bus to MK I was there in no time. Very crowded. I took a boat to the Poly for my birthday dinner at Kona's. I was about 20 minutes early but was seated in less than 5 minutes after checking in at the podium.

I got the terikyi steak with mashed potatoes and broccolini. Iced tea with lots of lemon. And the bread and walnut and pineapple butter. I ate every bit of it- so good!! The service and food was fantastic as always and this is why it is our favorite WDW.

The decision was made during my meal-I was going to break out my new hopper and go to the MK that evening.

Before I went into the MK I stopped and got my birthday button. It was fun to have so many people tell me Happy Birthday.

The MK was crowded. It was about 5 pm by now. I went to Fantasyland and walked right into Philharmagic. It was full but I was able to get a seat and was surrounded by a bunch of teenagers watching for the first time. That was fun. I always like to see the reactions of new visitors.

Next I headed to the Haunted Mansion. Disney has done an excellent job with the new queue. I took a lot a pictures and let a lot of people pass me by while doing so. Enjoyed my visit to the mansion and then got back in line to explore the queue. without my camera. I asked the cast members if I could just get out of line before going into the mansion and that was easy to do.

I just started walking and kept going since the crowds were thick. I ended up in Tomorrowland and rode the people mover. Then I headed for the exit for my seating at California Grill and Wishes.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a great start to your trip! I'm glad you decided to head to the parks on the first day :)

yjgirl32
05-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Nice report- thanks for sharing

ElenitaB
05-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you had a grand time. Can't wait to hear about CG!

RedSoxFan
05-08-2011, 04:55 PM
A great time so far. I had the same meal at Kona in December --- delicious!!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Wow - trip alone for the first time! We love Kona too. My oldest daughter gets the exact meal you got each trip. Can't wait to read more. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Great arrival day - dinner at Kona sounds delicious! Nothing like being spontaneous & ending up at MK . . . I can't think of anything better! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Great arrival day!!! Loved how you just ran off to the MK. Kona sounded delicious!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a great start

faline
05-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Nice beginning to your trip! Glad you decided to go!