PDA

View Full Version : Just returned-dining reviews including CRT

cruzrmomma
05-07-2011, 08:28 PM
4th time to WDW. Decided to splurge for Cinderellas Royal Table Breakfast-so glad we did! Keep in mind the windows are covered so no views. But it made nice pictures and very cozy! The food was great! Princesses were brief but friendly-totally worth it.

Boma-our favorite! Such good food-go hungry. I was not going to pay a $40 tip for mediocre service and drink refills! So I paid cash and paid a more fair amount of tip. Sorry, when they know they are getting an auto=gratuitiy, the service is definetely not as good!

Tusker House-often overlooked. this is the best lunch out there! So yummy, and a ton of food-you can easily skip dinner. Dinner is much more expensive for basically the same-so do lunch! Nice and cool in here-much more food and better in our opinion than Yet and Yeti or whatever that place is.

Crystal Palace-another favorite for lunch. Excellent charachter interaction and really good food! Salmon was so nice! Beautiful restaraunt, makes a good break in the day-again can skip dinner if you eat here!

T-Rex. 2nd time here-fun to go. Food is fine-maybe a few bucks over what it's worth, but where else can you dine with dinos?

Food at DisneyQuest- pretty poor offerings.

Columbia House (MK)-soup is very good, rest of it is ok. Shrimp was over breaded, but edible, good sweet potato fries!

1900 Park Fare-breakfast. Good offering, and not too over priced. Charachters were pretty brief, but they did come around twice, they move quickly! The place is loud, but fun, and being small they charachters are close by. We sat out in the alcove, which was quiter, but away from the action. Would recommend this. We were too stuffed for our scheduled dinner there!

Capt. Cook food court-Polynesain. This was so worth it! got off the bus at MK, hopped on the boat and 10 minutes later we are at the Poly. Ordered Tonga Toast-oh baby good! for $6 (1/2 price of upstairs), back on the boat to MK-took less than an hour and a lovely breakfast.

Sci-Fi Drive-In. We love this place. The burger is good, and probably the best thing on the menu. subbed the onion rings for a zillion fat grams-good dipping sauce too. Gotta make reservations for sure to sit in a car. We liked this better than 50's prime time.

Commissary has best counter service in all the parks!

Fish and Chips place at Epcot-really good! Make sure they are hot-should be it's so busy.

Cosmic Rays at MK is always good-like their large food selection, better than Picos Bill, but if you are over there it's a good burger too.

Well-that's the standouts! Another great trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the report and welcome to Intercot:pixie:

minnie-mouse
05-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Great report! Cosmic Rays is one of my faves too, love those burgers!

MarkC
05-07-2011, 09:58 PM
We've tried most of those places and agree with your assessments. We haven't tried Tusker House or the Castle so we may do so this fall. Thanks for your report.

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your dining report. We are going to CRT for breakfast during our October trip so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the experience. I hope the windows are uncovered when we are there.

Jeff
05-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the report.
Sounds good!:thumbsup:

princessgirls
05-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the reviews. They are always helpful!!!

Julie:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
05-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks for sharing. You are the first person I have ever read that had something positive to say about the Commisary at Hollywood Studios.

LisaP
05-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks for sharing. You are the first person I have ever read that had something positive to say about the Commisary at Hollywood Studios.

My own experience a few weeks ago at Commisary was awful :sick: I'd never eat there again, even if I was STARVING.

lighteningqueen
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Ditto to that LisaP. Horrible so is Boma in our opinion went 4 times so no more. CP breakfast is good but Tusker breakfast is wonderful Glad you enjoyed it though..

AmandaChan
05-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Hah I just mentioned this to my husband and we actually really like ABC. I love the cuban (granted I haven't had it in a couple years), DH likes the burger.