PDA

View Full Version : switch to 2 rooms or stay cramped in one

kstexasmom
05-07-2011, 07:58 PM
my DD found us a great deal at the BC. It will be very cramped for an all girl visit and I started looking for a good deal. Love the idea that we can walk to Epcot, Boardwalk area eating and catch a boat to Studios. She booked with the help of a former employee so the discount is gone if I switch to another resort. Is it worth it to look at Swan or a cheaper alternative?:confused: P.S. We are going in September:party:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
How many in a room and how long are you staying? I'm thinking I would stay with BC.

RedSoxFan
05-07-2011, 09:45 PM
We have 2 rooms booked at the Swan for November (there are 5 of us) as it was cheaper than 2 rooms at POFQ and the Beach Club. But we are going Thanksgiving week and couldn't get any discounts at a WDW resort; but we were able to get a great discount at the Swan. Looks like a great hotel and in a great area!!

kstexasmom
05-12-2011, 10:19 AM
The Swan is close and the rates are great because it is not a Disney Resort. We are very fussy and love the idea of getting away from reality and fully into the Disney surroundings.
There will be 4 adults in one room at Beach Club or two rooms with 2 each at Swan

disneymom15
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
We never had a problem with 4 adults in one room. The trips where we needed multiple rooms it felt like we were unattached to each other. Everyone retreats to there own room, shuts the door and no more contact. Sometimes the funnest part of the day
(silliest part) is when everyone reflects on the happenings of the day.

jillluvsdisney
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
4 women sharing one bathroom. I would opt for 2 rooms elsewhere. I really think you'd be happier that way.

DAWS
05-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Don't forget the Awesome pool at the Beach Club!

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
As long as you are okay sharing beds with each other, I'd stick with one room at BC.

I travel with a group of three women (total) every once in awhile, and we always stay in one deluxe room. If there was a 4th, we'd still do the same. The bathroom is not really an issue, as the sinks are outside the bathroom proper, so it's easy for multiple people to be getting ready at once. The rooms at Beach Club are really pretty large. I'd stick with that. The Swan is nice and all, but it's very convention-y feeling. Plus, you'd have to pay for your own transportation to/from the airport, and you can't do the Disney resort airline check in service, and you can't have packages delivered to the resort when you buy stuff in the parks, and on and on.

If you really are into the entire Disney experience, the Beach Club is amazing.

RedSoxFan
05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Actually, you can have packages bought in the parks sent to your resort. I just received an email from them stating that you can. However, you cannot charge to your resort from the parks.

TammiMcMan
05-13-2011, 04:47 PM
If it's 4 close friends, I'd definitely keep the one room. You can ask for a daybed in the room, which gives you a 5th sleeping surface. That way only 2 would have to share a bed. Sounds like it's going to be a fun trip with girlfriends :) .

floridamom
05-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Good points made by above posters. Having stayed at both resorts, I would ask your group to determine which factors take the highest priority:

Space/bathrooms: Is everyone in your group concerned about the tight quarters? Do you anticipate issues with some who require more bathroom time than others? Would there be any other advantages to splitting up? Different sleeping habits, snoring, etc.?

Cost: Will 2 rooms at the Swan cost you more than 1 at BC might? If so, are you willing to pay that for the extra space? You said you lost a cast member discount at BC, but are there general public or other discounts available? I just checked a random date in September on Travelocity and it was $337 per night. When pricing the Swan, remember to factor in the cost of parking, resort fees, and airport transfers. Having said that, the Swan does offer good discounts ($129/night this weekend), that could offer great savings if you're stuck with paying rack rate at BC

Theming: Swan is more "adult" and less Disney-themed. And you see a lot of people in suits there for conventions who are not in vacation mode. However, it is very calming and classy.

Pool: If you're planning to swim, it will definitely still be warm enough. The Swan pool is nice, but IMHO there is no comparison to Stormalong Bay.

Conveniences: Are DME and charging to your room important to you?

Good luck!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I would have picked the BC/YC if there were good discounts. However, no discounts as of now for Thanksgiving Week. I was able to get 2 rooms at the Swan (5 of us) for $1000 cheaper. No brainer. It doesn't bother me that it's not a 'Disney' feel resort or that it doesn't participate in DME. I have private transportation. And not charging to your rooms is no biggie and I don't plan on getting the dining plan. :)

EJS-Houston
05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I think it depends on you and what you need to be happy on your vacation. For me, I'd be happier with my own room in a Value Resort just so I could have a bathroom to myself. Plus as much as my family and friends are my life, I do need a little quiet time to myself once in a while.