PDA

View Full Version : To Water park or not to Water Park...

Hog
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok so, we are going to the world in October 7th-14th. We are doing park hopper, but now my wife is trying to talk me into adding water park hopper option. I am skeptical for a few reasons, first being I don't see going that much and it is an exta $200 for the 3 of us. Secondly it will be October and I am not sure that it will be nice enough every day to take full advantage of adding this. Lastly I feel like it will take time away from the park which I don't know that I am willing to do. Any advice or recommendations? Also I feel if I am spending $200 I would rather goto Wizarding World...

BrerGnat
05-07-2011, 03:47 PM
October is often very warm, so the weather shouldn't be too much of a deciding factor.

Since you're staying at POP, your pool won't have a water slide. Is this something that the family wants to enjoy? Have you looked at how much it might cost to upgrade to a moderate so you can have a slide at the pool in lieu of a waterpark?

Do you have any desire to go to Disney Quest as well? If not, then maybe suggest you keep the idea of visiting ONE water park one day open, and decide while you're there. Buying one day water park admissions (for just one visit) is cheaper than adding on the WPF&M option.

Just some ideas...

Jillirose
05-07-2011, 04:27 PM
You didn't mention what age your child is.... but my kids enjoyed the waterpark as much as the parks. It's a great way to end the day, after a long hot morning at a park. We've only been in October once, but it was definitely hot!

Hog
05-07-2011, 05:06 PM
my daughter is 5, she has never experienced any type of water park before. But she does like thrill type rides etc... I am excited to be able to take her on BTMRR and Splash Mountain for the first time this year. Are the rides at the water parks suitable for her age? I don't even know what disney quest is exactly, i have heard of it but thats it.

I think I might try just buying a one day ticket because i couldn't see us going more than one day. with thay said which is better BB or TL?

Disney-4-Me
05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
My personal favorite is Typhoon Lagoon because we like swimming (snorkeling) with the sharks.

Since your daughter is so young, you might want to wait until she is a little older to add a water park. She is going to want to be at the other parks if this is her first year to get to ride some of the big roller coasters.

E-OR
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
We always spend time at the water parks. We will go in the morning and then head to a park for the evening. We kind of feel like the water park gives us some time to relax and as my kids got older they loved the slides, lazy river, and tube rides. There is an area at each water park for "little ones" and families to enjoy. Like the above poster said there are really nice pools at each resort and when our kids were little they had as much fun spending an afternoon there as they did at the water park. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

LudwigVonDrake
05-08-2011, 11:16 AM
The water is heated and you just HAVE to ride Crush n' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon :D

artyboy
05-08-2011, 04:52 PM
The water is heated and you just HAVE to ride Crush n' Gusher at Typhoon Lagoon :D

Absolutely agree 100%!!!

joonyer
05-09-2011, 11:34 AM

AND Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach. It's a great family raft ride. Fast and long. It's our family's favorite attraction at the water parks. Blizzard Beach also has a great kids area for the younger ones.

October days are usually plenty warm enough to enjoy the water parks.

MarkC
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Of course $$$ are personal for everyone and I don't want anyone to spend more than they can afford. However, the water parks are awesome and we enjoy them as much as the regular parks. They actually encourage me to relax and enjoy my vacation much more so than I otherwise would. But the lazy rivers, rides etc are awesome. I would do so if you can.

Dream'nDisney
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
We are debating whether or not to go to the waterparks as well. We have been to the waterparks every single visit prior to this one, and so far, the kids are okay with not going. I hate to spend another $200 as well. We are staying at YC though, so we will at least have a waterslide. I guess we will just wait and decide whether or not to go to a waterpark once we are at the World.

BrerGnat
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
We are debating whether or not to go to the waterparks as well. We have been to the waterparks every single visit prior to this one, and so far, the kids are okay with not going. I hate to spend another $200 as well. We are staying at YC though, so we will at least have a waterslide. I guess we will just wait and decide whether or not to go to a waterpark once we are at the World.

Stormalong Bay is as good as (and sort of better, in some ways) the waterparks!

When we went to Blizzard Beach with our kids last year, we were staying at Beach Club. While we had fun at BB, the boys actually had MORE fun at the resort pool. So, DH and I decided that if we are staying at BC/YC in the future, we'll skip the water parks.

Dream'nDisney
05-13-2011, 10:12 AM
The kids do love SAB but they also love all the waterslides and the water coaster at TL. I hope they will be satisfied with just swimming at SAB. :mickey:

Silver_Surfer
05-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Would've, Should have, Could have, Better to have and not need than to need an not have. Do It!:thumbsup:

LVT
06-18-2011, 10:36 AM
That $57 option can be added any time. I would not do it for a 5yo staying at BC/YC with 1 waterpark already. You don't have enough
time.

kemps@wdw
06-19-2011, 10:55 PM
unless you're planning to use the water parks each day, I would opt out of adding the water park feature and simply pay the day's rate.

Fastpasssteve
06-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Don't add the water park option.

If you do decide to go to a water park for a portion of one day, just pay out of pocket. It would be cheaper.

If this was one of my first trips to WDW, I wouldn't want to take one moment from my park experience. I understand your wife's attempt to 'do it all.' It doesn't do, however, to cram the schedul with too many things. Sometimes more isn't better, it's just more. Remember the guiding thought: We are here to have a good time as a family and have positive experiences. Whatever leads you to that is the right thing to do.

Lizzie
06-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Love the waterparks. They are always some of my favorite days. We like to take a day and do both. Their lazy river is so relaxing and so much fun. Atmosphere is fun too. October is great weather.

But my kids love water and so do we. We always fit in time for the pool almost everyday. Its one of the things we love.

Not2Loud
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
The other thing to consider is the park closing times in October, which typically are earlier than summer. In addition to the water parks, you would be able to play min-golf or visit Disney Quest in the evenings.

We add the Water Parks and More option, but we love the water parks. We typically visit them on the mornings they have the magic hours and are able to ride everything to our hearts content by 11 AM and then off to the regular parks. Thats just us, but I give a big thumbs up to both water parks. My DD8 loves Blizzard Beach but I prefer Typhoon Lagoon.

redleg96
07-14-2011, 02:45 PM
We haven't done the water parks.....yet; We'll be going in Jaunuary and even with only one WP in operation - we'll be adding the water parks.

Queenbee2
07-14-2011, 10:52 PM
We are a family of four. Kids 8 and 6. We just want to go to the waterpark one day. Does anyone know what the cost would be?

disneykidsince1970
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM
We haven't done the water parks.....yet; We'll be going in Jaunuary and even with only one WP in operation - we'll be adding the water parks.

You live in Texas and are doing the waterparks in January? Brrrr!!! It can be pretty cold in January. The water temp might be fine but you could freeze when your out! :ill:

joonyer
07-20-2011, 12:55 PM
We are a family of four. Kids 8 and 6. We just want to go to the waterpark one day. Does anyone know what the cost would be?

Adult (age 10 & up) one day Water park Admission:$49.00 each.
Age 3-9 one day pass: $41.00 each

If you have a multi-day theme park pass, you can purchase the Water Parks & More option, for $55.00 each. This option includes your choice of admissions to TL, BB, Disney Quest, and WWoS (same number of admissions as days on your theme park pass) .