PDA

View Full Version : Edge & Oceaneer Lab for 11 year old?

PrincessJadesMom
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
My dd will be 11 when we go on our cruise. Can she try both the Edge & the Oceaneer Lab, or does she have to choose one or the other?

Christine
05-08-2011, 08:44 AM
My daughter was 11 when we went in march. They can go to both. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
05-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I HIGHLY recommend the Edge for 11 year olds. I have a 13 and 11 year old. My 13 year old is a social butterfly, always has been. My 11 year old isn't and wasn't looking forward to the kids club because he said "I don't want to play with 3 year olds". Well, we introducted him to the Edge the first day and we never saw him the rest of the trip. He totally loved it! He participated in things my husband and I didn't ever expect him to do and he has come back a more confident young man. The couselors are great and I think it is a wonderful place for our tweens to hang out.

scootch713
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
They can go to both. My 11 year old dd did not want to even try the Edge though, so she went to just the club/lab and they even gave her an armband, which was reassuring to her. She had a great time there.

baldburke
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
What about an almost 11yo? We leave next week, but our daughter will be 11 in less than 3 months. Would they give her a pass to move up?

DisneyFr33k
05-21-2011, 09:05 AM
What about an almost 11yo? We leave next week, but our daughter will be 11 in less than 3 months. Would they give her a pass to move up?

We just got of the Wonder in Alaska and the Edge couselor did say they would allow a 10 year old to move up, but they would have to be "very close" to their 11th birthday. Not sure what that meant, so you'll need to call Disney Cruise Line to find out.

Also, I am hearing that the new boats have new rules as far as their kids clubs and ages? The Wonder still adheres to strict age groups, but not sure about the Dream. I heard when they first sailed they didn't have age restrictions?

slheflin
05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Just returned Thursday from our "Dream" trip and my 11yo son LOVED Edge! He didn't even go to the Club/Lab. Now my 9yo daughter went to both the Club and Lab and preferred the Lab. Neither wanted to leave when it was time for dinner. They serve the kids dinner in the clubs, but we decided before the cruise that dinner would be "family time". We had a wonderful time and cannot wait until our next cruise!!

DisneyFr33k
05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Just returned Thursday from our "Dream" trip and my 11yo son LOVED Edge! He didn't even go to the Club/Lab. Now my 9yo daughter went to both the Club and Lab and preferred the Lab. Neither wanted to leave when it was time for dinner. They serve the kids dinner in the clubs, but we decided before the cruise that dinner would be "family time". We had a wonderful time and cannot wait until our next cruise!!

Isn't the Disney experience the best?!!!

slheflin
05-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Isn't the Disney experience the best?!!!

We CANNOT wait to cruise again! Hoping to do the Members Only cruise in 2013 :captain:

DisneyFr33k
05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
We CANNOT wait to cruise again! Hoping to do the Members Only cruise in 2013 :captain:

What is a Members Only Cruise? Sorry, still learning!

slheflin
05-26-2011, 02:19 PM
It's a cruise for DVC members only (plus their family and friends). It's not open to public booking.

DisneyFr33k
05-27-2011, 09:36 AM
It's a cruise for DVC members only (plus their family and friends). It's not open to public booking.

Okay, thanks! I was wondering if it was that or a Castaway Club member. DVC makes sense!