PDA

View Full Version : Hey Poly experts...

AlliMo
05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I have stayed at the Polynesian many times...but I was wondering what my fellow intercotees thought about which is "best" building at the polynesian and why.

I am staying there this september for my honeymoon and we have a regular garden view room booked.... So, which is the most romantic building and also the most convenient out of the regular views... Thanks so much!

:mickey:

Disney-4-Me
05-06-2011, 08:54 PM
We've styed at the Polynesian many times since our first stay in 1990. We love it there!

Our current favorite location is the ground floor of Samoa facing the Volcano Pool. We like this location for the view, the closeness to Captain Cook's and the monorail and both pools.

I love to sneak out in the morning while everyone else is sleeping and go sit at the quiet pool by myself and read.:cloud9:

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2011, 09:21 PM
We've only stayed at the Poly once, in a garden view room, in Samoa. I can't imagine staying in any other building. It quickly became "our place" and I don't know that I'll ever be happy in any other location at the Poly. It was so close to everything. We were facing the quiet pool and even tho this building is right in the center of the resort, it was a very quiet location. Loved it!

wmdaddy
05-09-2011, 08:19 AM
For a Garden View room, I'd go for Tokelau. Along with Tahiti and Rapa Nui, the rooms in those buildings are about 60 sq ft larger than the other rooms.

ledudes
05-09-2011, 10:22 AM
We had an end room on the water side at Tokelaus and had a view of the castle and fireworks from our room for no additional cost. It was perfect!

Loweschevy
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
We love Tahiti because we spend a lot of time at Epcot. It makes the return trip pretty easy when you hop off the monorail and walk right to your room from the TTC.

The rooms are also very spacious and it is more quiet than some of the other buildings in general.

LisaP
05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
We just got back last week (I miss it already!) and although I just loved Samoa, I don't know that I would recommend it for a honeymoon stay.

We booked garden view and requested Samoa, and I was pleasantly surprised when we got top floor facing the volcano pool. We could also see the beach and the electrical water pageant from our balcony off to the right, and a glimpse of the fireworks from MK.

But for a honeymoon, I think this location may be a bit noisy. The noise didn't bother me personally, and I was able to drown it out while my little ones slept with our Disney Lullabies on my iPod :cloud9:

Now reading these posts, I think I may request Tokelau next time ... knowing that the rooms are slightly larger and close to the TTC :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Book your standard view, request your building, and be sure to note on your reservation that it's your honeymoon! I am sure the staff will take care of you. We particularly LOVED Jackie (Philippines) at the front desk ~ she was wonderful! ENJOY!

A Big Kid
05-09-2011, 09:11 PM
We love Tahiti because we spend a lot of time at Epcot. It makes the return trip pretty easy when you hop off the monorail and walk right to your room from the TTC.

The rooms are also very spacious and it is more quiet than some of the other buildings in general.

That is my reasoning.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Chalk up another vote for Tahiti. We stayed there on our honeymoon back in 2000, just after they renamed it from Moorea. We liked that it was a short walk from the TTC, and that made for a nice stroll to The Great Ceremonial House in the morning, usually walking though Tokelau. I don't remember a lot of noise--or any noise--at all.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

A Big Kid
05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Chalk up another vote for Tahiti. We stayed there on our honeymoon back in 2000, just after they renamed it from Moorea. We liked that it was a short walk from the TTC, and that made for a nice stroll to The Great Ceremonial House in the morning, usually walking though Tokelau. I don't remember a lot of noise--or any noise--at all.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Now that I think about it, there was something weird about the Tahiti rooms. The ceiling fan was not over the bed. It was actually over the table and chairs near the sliding glass door. We thought that was odd.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Now that I think about it, there was something weird about the Tahiti rooms. The ceiling fan was not over the bed. It was actually over the table and chairs near the sliding glass door. We thought that was odd.

That odd...I don't remember that. Maybe the rooms were arranged differently when the fans were put in? That's the only logical thing I can think of. Why put a ceiling fan above a tableand chairs?