PDA

View Full Version : Blackbeard Comes Aboard Pirates in WDW

DizneyFreak2002
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Blackbeard Comes to Pirates in WDW (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/blackbeard-comes-aboard-at-disneyland-park-and-magic-kingdom-park-may-20-2/)

This article is on the Disneyparks Blog...

Mods, there is a picture of what Blackbeard will look like in the ride... Maybe you can post the picture???

WDWfanatic742
05-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Black Bears? Now THAT would be a thrilling attraction if I ever heard of one :D

It's a rendering so I'm guessing that's why it looks a bit...weird to me.

seanyred
05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming this is to replace the Davey Jones scene?

DizneyFreak2002
05-07-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm assuming this is to replace the Davey Jones scene?

Yes.... but according to the blog, Davey Jones will be back later in the year...

seanyred
05-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Yes.... but according to the blog, Davey Jones will be back later in the year...

In a way I think that stinks. I'm really anticipating Ian McShanes performance in the movie and seeing him in the ride would be awesome. But I won't be down there till Nov. Since it's a projection I don't see why they couldn't alternate the images so each time you road you'd get different misty intro...

KAJUNKING
05-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I think its a great way to keep the attraction fresh without a whole lot of down time and expense :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-07-2011, 11:38 AM
In a way I think that stinks. I'm really anticipating Ian McShanes performance in the movie and seeing him in the ride would be awesome. But I won't be down there till Nov. Since it's a projection I don't see why they couldn't alternate the images so each time you road you'd get different misty intro...

I agree with you.. I'll be there in Sept/Oct and I hope to see Blackbeard's projection... But, in a way, Davey Jones makes more sense... After all, aren't we going into Davey Jones' locker???

Mousemates
05-09-2011, 11:50 AM
oh well....i guess that's interesting but it will likely be something we won't see since the change is to be quite short lived. Was actually hoping for something a bit more substantial in terms of the introduction of a new character into the ride. oh well.

TracyL
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Seems like nothing ever actually happens for that short a time at Disney. I wouldn't be surprised if it stuck around a little longer than they're saying.

And if there's going to be more than one movie in the new PotC cycle, we may see him turn up again. (I have no idea how Stranger Tides ends, but even if Blackbeard dies, we all know nobody ever stays dead in these movies!!) :silly:

Goofster
05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I'd rather see Peter Ustinov's version of Blackbeard on the misty waterfall! :D

darthmacho
05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
I hope Al Swearengen watches his language...:mickey:

Melanie
05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
So my understanding from a little birdie is that Blackbeard's dialog is the same as Davy Jones's. Weird.

DizneyFreak2002
05-11-2011, 07:36 PM
So my understanding from a little birdie is that Blackbeard's dialog is the same as Davy Jones's. Weird.

It is....

DisneyDoug2
05-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Since it is a projection on the mist they could change it up anytime they want, kinda like TT in HS with the elevator drop!

figmagination
05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
When are they putting him in? And does this mean they'll have to close Pirates for a while? My family are huge Pirate fanatics and we are looking forward to riding!

PopPhan
05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
When are they putting him in? And does this mean they'll have to close Pirates for a while? My family are huge Pirate fanatics and we are looking forward to riding!

In the link from the original poster, it states that Blackbeard would start making his appearance on May 20th.

In that it is only a projection and audio track change, there would be no need to bring the ride down - other than normal, after-closing, daily maintenance/tweaks/etc.

figmagination
05-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok, thanks! Hopefully that'll still be there late June! As DizneyFreak stated that Davey Jones will return later this year, will they have both? Or just switch back to the Davey Jones projection?

Tearin_it_up
06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
i was there on may 15th with Davey Jones and then again on May 21st with Blackbeard. It was also Blackbeard talking as you head up the ramp to the gift store.

flipadeeflop
06-12-2011, 01:24 PM
When I read the title to this post, I pictured Blackbeard riding in the boat with us. I was very excited/creeped out!!! I wonder if they would do something like this; an animatronic pirate telling tall tales of his sea adventures. :pirate:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I saw it at DL last week. The rendering in the post above is right on. It looks exactly like that. The dialog is similar, but not exactly the same. Not quite as cool as Davy Jones, in my opinion, so I'll be looking forward to Davy Jones' return.