PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite a Mom on the Disney Moms Panel - (Final Day)

ILoveLegos
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Not Quite a Mom on the Moms Panel

Training Trip: December 10 – 14, 2010
Resort: Disney’s Yacht Club
Participants: 14 new Disney Moms Panelist &
Johnetta (single girl, without kids – Auntie of 7)

December 14, 2010.

8:00 am – Re-Cap Breakfast at Ariel’s

This was a tasty buffet breakfast in the Yacht club – but no one really had an appetite. It was our last meal together and the time during which we were saying our goodbyes, taking pictures and signing each other’s autograph books (no princess signatures here). Everyone was in tears at one point or the other. I lost it when Ca’Sandra told us how much the trip meant to her and when Deborah gave us all tiaras to wear when we get a really tough question (those tiaras really help by the way).

10:00 am - After breakfast, I was among the first who had to leave for the airport. In the parking lot I told Deborah that I can’t believe it is all over – she told me that she couldn’t linger (she was a Floridian) sticking around and watching each of us leave was not the way she wanted to remember us. I felt the same. On my ME bus ride I got to talk to Carrie and in the silence I contemplated how nervous I was to meet everyone and how hard it was to leave my friends after just 5 days!

At the airport, I ran into Lyn and we walked to our terminals together. As we parted, I looked back one last time, with tears in my eyes.

ILoveLegos
05-06-2011, 06:05 PM
P.S. - I wanted give big a shout out to my fellow 2011 Disney Moms Panelists - they are a wonderful group, just like all of you Intercoters are. I hope that I did not tire you out with my long Trip Report! :blush:

mouseketeer mom
05-06-2011, 07:35 PM
You certainly didn't tire me out with your long trip report!! I savored each and every word!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me a glimpse into the Moms panel world!!! I have always been so curious about that training week, and it certainly sounds like a dream come true. I got to live it thru you, even if just for a little bit!!!!
I'm wishing you a wonderful time on the panel.
Enjoy every magical moment!
~Lisa

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I LOVED reading your report! Thank you so much for filling us in on what that training week is like. I hope someday I can write a similar report!

Melanie
05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you for sticking around here Johnetta, and sharing your experiences. What a trip and memories for a lifetime. Hope you are enjoying your time on the panel. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I've thought about you many times over the past few months, and am glad that your training week was a dream of a lifetime. Thank you, thank you, for sharing your first week with us as a Mom's Panel Trainee. You're giving great advice over there, by the way - properly befitting an INTERCOT member! :D

pdrlkr
05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

ILoveLegos
05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I wanted to post this trip report months ago, but I got side-tracked while I was adjusting to the Moms Panel question regiment <smile>. Sorry it took so long for me to post it. :blush:

It was fun "reliving the experience" as I typed! :cloud9:

I'll definitely stick around, I love it here at Intercot! :D

yjgirl32
05-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Not at all- it was wonderful reading your reports.

Momto3littlemice
05-07-2011, 09:01 PM
GREAT report! It was great to have an insider's view! and... Congratulations!:mickey:

divinedi
05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Great, terrific trip report, I loved reading it. I also checked out your video on the Mom's Panel, you are a natural, it was excellent! Congratulations, and enjoy your time on the panel.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a wonderful experience

emerzmom
05-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for sharing such a cool experience!

vizsla
05-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
05-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank you! I've greatly enjoyed reading about your experiences and can understand what an emotional experience it must have been!

DisneyMom12
05-13-2011, 10:29 PM
How exciting the whole things was. Your video and picture are great. Thanks for sharing.

MinnieMommie
05-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for giving us a birds eye view of your training week.Congratulations on your selection to the mom's panel and thanks for sharing! :mickey: