PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Car/Magic Express Question

princessgirls
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Was wondering how many of my Intercot friends rent cars while staying at WDW. We have NEVER done this for a WDW vacation, but are going for a longer period of time, and hope to get over to Universal, which then we were thinking about renting a car for just two days, but now, DH likes the idea of having his own wheels for the whole trip.
He was thinking about renting an "Economy" car and sending the girls and myself on the Magic Express with the luggage to the resort, thinking that a family of four and all of the luggage wouldn't fit.
Can the three of us just use the Magic Express or do all four of us need to be present?
I really wouldn't mind having a car for some things like hitting a store quick, or getting to a reservation at another resort later in the day kind of thing. I do enjoy the WDW transportation so I would be OK either way.
Just asking my Intercot peeps for some feedback. Thanks!
Julie:mickey:

paulsheri
05-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Since we are only 2 people, we took the magical express, to WDW. Then when we wanted to rent a car, for our plans, we would be taken to National Care rental near Magic Kingdom. We used it on our day trip to Universal , and another day to go to visit an uncle in Plant City, and a trip to Cocoa Beach and the Space Museum, we usually rented for the 3 days, and OF COURSE, we rented a Convertable, since we are from the Cold, Cold, north., But it Does sound like a good Idea, for your Family

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Both ideas would work.

You could send some on Magical Express, and others in the rental car, there is no rule that the whole family has to take ME.

If you decide to just rent a car for part of your trip, you can do that on WDW property ... so there is so flexability.

Inside The Magic
05-06-2011, 02:13 PM
I agree with heather that either way works. Instead of the hassle in getting the car and returning it maybe just do the Magical Express day 1 and day 10 and pick up the car at Car Care Central onsite. They run a shuttle bus to the counter so it's pretty painless.

I always rented a car and it's nice to pick up supplies off site. Back in the day before the airlines charged for bags we used a cooler as a piece of luggage so we could use it in the room. The fridge in the room is small. And going to non Disney parks the car is the least expensive option.

Have fun.

Disney4
05-06-2011, 05:14 PM
We always run and get water, etc off site and I love getting into my private vehicle after a long day while I crank the A/C.

I usually rent from the counter in the Dolphin - I just walk over from Epcot or DS.

As far as ME goes - there is no restriction on who has to take it - the coupons in the book allow 1 or all of you passage.