PDA

View Full Version : Random Acts Of Kindness in the Parks

NY GOOFY
05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I was reading another post about buying people snacks with leftover DDP credits and I was wondering what random acts of kindness anyone has done or witnessed (not from CMs but from other guests) to help make someone else's trip more magical.
I will start it off. Each year my kids always buy the Mickey balloons on Main St. On our last day, as we are leaving down Main St., we always find another family on the way in and we have our kids give their balloons to the the kids coming in. It always puts a smile on everyone's face.

BrerGnat
05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Aww, that's very sweet! What a great idea!

I often end up with FP that I know I won't use. Then, I hand them to people coming up to the Standby line.

NJGIRL
05-05-2011, 12:22 PM
We always give away any fast passes that we don't use before leaving the park for the day.

CU Tiger
05-05-2011, 12:28 PM
A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused:confused:, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one". :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
We've used left over CS credits to buy a family lunch years ago. We always give away any unused fast passes to a family coming in on our way out of the parks.

mook3y
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
We have been given fast passes before. We usually give away our fast passes to someone if we aren't going to use them.

Twice on the last day of our trip, we had extra counter service credits left over and paid for a random family's meal. Definitely made them h appy!

brownie
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
We've received a number of Fastpasses, but have never had any to give away.

terri110874
05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Last time we went to DTD I got a few of the grab bags for my son. He ended up with a few item that were girlie. I knew he was mad about it but he said it was ok. While we went about our shopping, he saw this little girl who just tripped over her own feet (you know the kind who over tired and grumpy). She starting crying and her mom just could not get to stop. He went over to her and gave her the girlie items. The mom so happy that he was able to get her to stop crying. He made me so proud!!:joy::joy:

brivers222
05-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I gifted the snacks... but as far as receiving anything, nothing yet.

But giving things out and seeing the reaction is just as rewarding as receiving.

Last year my fiancee and I dined at Tony's before our first MNSSHP... we both got the kids punch because it sounded good. We got a glowing buz lightyear and a glowing tinkerbell.

We decided we would find the cutiest kids dressed up like them and give them to them.... the look on the kids faces were priceless :)

MyDisneyworld
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Someone gave us a huge bag of leftover supplies at the resort once. It had waters, juice, drink boxes, cups, plates, napkins, etc.. So now we try to do the same and it really makes peoples vacation giving away something that many people would just throw away.

Also as others have stated we give away fast passes if we know we can't use them.

badkitty
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused:confused:, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one". :mickey:

Oh my. I'm so touched but this gesture. This has brought a tear to my eye. That was so nice! As well as all the other kindness showed by other posters. Intercot people rock! :mickey:

I usually give away fastpasses to folks in the stand-by line and leftover water/snacks to hotel room neighbors.

DisneyGirl85
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
One time at Test Track, I waited in the stand-by line with my brother, his gf and my bf (it was a very long wait. When it was our turn to get in the car I noticed a father and daughter in the single rider line & they were the ones that were going to be riding with us. The daughter looked a little nervous so I told my bf to ride with my brother and his gf so that they could ride together and I would ride with them. They said thank you and that was enough for me. But then as I was walking out of the test track shop the little girl ran up to me with five fast passes for test track. :mickey:

TinkRocks
05-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I buy those multi-packs of glow bracelets and keep them in my backpack while I'm enjoying the parks

If I see a kid that's a little grouchy, I'll give them a glow bracelet - it usually puts a smile on their face, and a big sigh of relief on the parents' face too.

tazlikesrobots
05-05-2011, 04:12 PM
We going to MK for a one day trip and was waiting in line to purchase a ticket. A kind man approached me and gave me his entry ticket as he headed towards the parking lot tram.

We thanked the man and I'll admit that I did not think it was valid, but I still needed two more tickets. I had the ticket checked by the clerk at the ticket booth and said that it was a valid ticket.

BTW this took place before they scanned your finger at the park entrance!

ransam
05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
My mom has exteme arthritis all over her body. when we use to go i use to push her in a wheelchair, never minded at all....but one time i was probablay in my early 30's, we were just walking along, and some kid, maybe 16 came up and said his gf and her sister were shopping at one of the gift shops, he was sitting on a bench and saw us, and said i looked like i could use a break and w/o really giving me a choice took over for about an hour pushing her around MK. when he said he needed to get back to her, i thanked him and asked if i could buy him lunch or a drink or something, and he just looked at me like i had insulted him. he just said naw, he enjoyed talking to us, and took off before i could insist....
it really touched me.

KatrinaJ91
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
My mom has exteme arthritis all over her body. when we use to go i use to push her in a wheelchair, never minded at all....but one time i was probablay in my early 30's, we were just walking along, and some kid, maybe 16 came up and said his gf and her sister were shopping at one of the gift shops, he was sitting on a bench and saw us, and said i looked like i could use a break and w/o really giving me a choice took over for about an hour pushing her around MK. when he said he needed to get back to her, i thanked him and asked if i could buy him lunch or a drink or something, and he just looked at me like i had insulted him. he just said naw, he enjoyed talking to us, and took off before i could insist....
it really touched me.

That's awesome! It amazes me how Disney makes people feel good and want to do nice things!
We always give away fast passes that we aren''t using, but I love some of the other ideas on here!! Next time we are there, I love the idea of the glow bracelets...we will do something like that!
It's always nice to remember the CMs too! They love it when people acknowledge their work!

emmatink
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
TinkRocks I think we may have run into ya'll on our last trip :). We were watching Illuminations last October and a nice family offered glow sticks to my 5 year old daughter. You're right it really did make her night!

IloveDisney71
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I was on a bus one night with my DH on the way to the MK for EMH and a little girl was having a meltdown in the seat in front of us with her mom. Her poor mom was trying everything she could think of to get her to stop but nothing was working. I remembered I had a silly blinky ring in my backpack. I turned it on and the little girl saw it. I leaned up and told her if she'd be a good girl for her mommy and stop crying she could have it. Surprise - her meltdown stopped. :D I think for my next trip I'm going to pack some more glow necklaces or other things like that for other little ones when they need a little diversion. :thumbsup:

Disney-4-Me
05-05-2011, 10:45 PM
We've given away our fast passes before. Now that I know glowing bracelets will silence crying children, I'm buying a case for our next trip!;)

Basket Mommy
05-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Just tonight a very kind man gave up his seat on the Monorail for me on the way from Epcot to TTC. I guess he could tell I was exhausted! Our last trip in September a couple gave us their remaining stroller credits, and we have also been given those special Fastpass cards you get for doing the DVC tour.

I always offer to take pictures for people so everyone can be in the photo. This trip I have handed out 2 blister Band Aids to people who were hobbling around. I try to pass on the Disney spirit!

A couple of trips ago my older daughter gave away both her light-up Tink clip from a drink she had gotten and her CRT wand to 2 different kids having meltdowns on buses. I was so proud of her!

T-Belle
05-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Several years ago my DD and I were checking in CBR as a very nice newly wed couple were checking out. They gave us their Typhoon Lagoon passes. How nice!

Laughin' place
05-06-2011, 01:23 PM
OP -- What a GREAT idea. I just have a new "tradition" thanks to you. Mind you, my "kids" are 18 and 14 year old giants, but they will gladly carry Mickey balloons (as will dad), and will even more gladly hand them off on our way out! Now, if only we had a trip planned....

On our last trip, I had a large package of glow necklaces in the backpack (they are inexpensive, esp online). My original plan was to give them to kids, like PP Tink (great idea, btw).

Anyhow,on our last night (EMH at MK, my favorite), younger son and I were just having our way with Fantasyland at about 1am. Then, inspiration struck. We spent the rest of the night literally running around as best we could, passing out glow necklaces to Cast Members. We thanked each one for helping give us such a great trip, and for their contribution to the Magic. Almost every Cast Member was really happy with the gesture, and most were very happy to wear the bracelets the rest of the night. It was great to run from attraction to attraction and see the "glow" of the magic in us on the wrists and necks of tired but happy CMs.

Ramblingman
05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
We have done the Fastpass thing before, but I love the glowstick idea. I plan to be doing that in two weeks.

tdk316
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
We've both received and given balloons. I think we've only purchased one so far and were happy to give it away on our last morning.

I am forever grateful to the young teenager who gave me his seat on the bus going back to the resort from AK when my youngest was five months old. Just when I thought I was going to lose it and the trip was a disaster, he gave up his seat and that made things manageable again. :mickey:

We've given away countless fastpasses over the years but I now try to go out of my way to find teenage males to give them to just in case it's that kid who gave up that seat for me. DH always looks for a dad with a young kid(s).

TikiGoddess
05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
We always try our best to help people out in the parks. Last year we found a seat before Illuminations and while we were waiting my girls handed out glow bracelets to all the kids in our area. We also gave away our Give-A-Day Fastpasses when we were leaving the park.

On a few trips I've printed out CM 'thank you' cards for the girls to hand out.

I was blessed enough to find a nice family on my last solo trip -- they let me sit with them right at the front of the parade route, just before the parade started. It was my first time seeing the Xmas parade live, and it was fantastic!

Kathy

luvdiznee
05-06-2011, 09:52 PM
We give out candy canes to the cast members, when we go at Holiday time.

PlutoToo
05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm another one who tries to take photos for other people. It's hard to be the family photographer...you never get in any of the pictures.

Cinderella7299
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Great thread! So many fun ways to spread Pixie Dust!

I was a Cast Member for about a year in 1998. My husband (then my fiancee) had an annual pass, as did the rest of my family. I never had the need to use my Maingate Pass for my friends or family. (If you're not familiar with a Maingate Pass, it's a pass given to CMs that allow you to bring up to three people into the park with you up to 12 times a year).

When we would arrive at a park, we would wait in front of the ticket windows for a family of three. I would introduce myself (and of course show them my CM ID card) and offer to bring them in with us using my Maingate Pass. We did this on several occasions, and I was always happy to spread a little magic.

I love reading about the wonderful things guests do for each other while in The World!

:mickey: Ginny Lynne

MongoMil
05-07-2011, 08:56 AM
My daughter and I got fastpasses given to us by some guy. He got in on early entry day and got passes so when we he gave them to us they were already to use 30 min into park opening. Last time down we brought a bunch of glow sticks and passed them out. Most people took them with pleasure but of course a few looked at me like I had three heads and said no thanks.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-08-2011, 01:24 PM
About 4 years ago we were leaving to go home and were talking to a family who'd just arrived with their little one for his first trip. I asked them if they had brought a little flash light for the dark rides and they said no. So I have them the little key chain one that I had. They were so appreciative.

And last August we had driven down so we were able to go off property to buy supplies. We ended up with a LOT of left over water and sodas so I walked around the floor of our resort until I found someone with an open door and offered it to them.

And of course my sisters and I always offer to take pictures for people. Such a simple thing but it makes people so happy.

micky95
05-09-2011, 05:03 PM
we also give away FP.one time my dw was trying to purchase a sunglass strap to hold her glasses around her neck. the CM tried ringing it up several times but it never worked . he looked at me and said you know what that means. then he said it was free.it was only a 5.00 dollar item but i felt like i'd won the lottery (LOL).we also like to share our experiences with others like where to watch a parade, where to sit on a ride for best view.we were just there & were waiting in line for soarin (our favorite) & the lady in front of us was trying to convince her mother (70 or so )that the ride was easy .she was having some difficulty convincing her so i explained to her how basically it was like sitting in a rocking chair.we saw her after the ride & she said they were going on it again.my dw & i really enjoy sharing our expertise with others:mickey:

brdavis
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
OK, note to self, get a bunch of glow-bracelets when we go down this summer...

We've spread the magic with FP's for a while (heck, just informing new parents of parent-swap has made more than a few magical moments). We never thought to buy someone lunch with leftover DDP credits (but we rarely have any), but have given away a lot of uneaten food to others. And giving seats on the bus is a natural for me... and, as a result, for my children as well. I've wrestled others strollers onto/off the bus (esp. when somebody has a sleeping kid and no hands left). And taking pictures of people so they both appear in the photograph.

Try taking a deliberate picture of a CM sometime. We usually pick one of the thankless CMs who have to take pictures of others all day at the park entrance etc. They will ham it up and smile, happy for the change.

--
Brian Davis

Mickey91
05-10-2011, 08:15 AM
We were given Cirque Du Soleil tickets once by a group that could not use them.:mickey:

kemps@wdw
05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
There are several ways we "share the magc". Giving unused FP to other families, or giving a child a better viewing spot at the parades. We even had a couple who were flying out the day we arrived at our resort (when our DD was young) who gave us an umbrella stroller that they did not want to take on the plane with them, under the condition we also pass it on when we left. As we were flying also, it worked out perfectly. On the day we were leaving, we saw a couple w/a young child checking in at our resort and offered them the "magic stroller". They were, to say the least, VERY glad that they would not have to rent a stroller daily! I would like to think that that stroller was passed along until it just...fell apart!

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
We are avid pin traders, so we often buy large lots from online before we go down. As you imagine we get a bunch of pins we already have and use them as traders. We love using the traders as little gifts for kids who are just starting trading. Its great to see their little eyes light up at a free pin. And we think its a great way to pass the hobby on to the younger ones.

Ramblingman
05-11-2011, 01:13 PM
So many good ideas to use when we go down in 9 days. As I said earlier in the post, we've always given away FP's and good viewing seats, and giving up my seat on a bus is my nature - I was raised a Southern gentleman, after all (how many of you men still walk closest to the street when you are with a lady?).

This weekend, we are buying lots of glowsticks. We already bought a bunch of goodies for my DD19 to make up bags for CM's.

I just bought a ton of pins to trade with, and since there is a trading night the night we get there, I think I'll give away a few to some deserving children.

Thank you all for helping to share and spread the Magic. Y'all are why the Magic will never die.

dizneydeb22
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
There are so many great ideas here! I can't wait to use some on our next trip in 94 days!! We have also done the FP thing. I do a lot of research for our trips, so I try to help inform people when I find out they are going to Disney. It great to see the look of appreciation or even relief when I offer a time or money saving tip. :mickey::rocks:

kemps@wdw
05-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I also believe the random acts of kindness should also be given to CMs for all the wonderful things they do. So, last year, I got a bunch of gold coins with the engraving..."outstanding" on one side and "over and above" w/shooting stars on the other, and gave them out to the CMs that I felt deserved it! Their response was one of surprise and pride!

BandMan
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I was reading these thinking "I wish I'd done something nice for someone", then remembered this:

Because I'm a high school band director, we always watch the 3:00 parade at some point during our trip, and I take pictures of the visiting bands for the day. Once we're back home, I look up the schools on the internet and email the best pictures to the band directors AND their administrators. (Never hurts to get a little positive PR.) :thumbsup:

Last trip I got a lovely message back from a superintendent who was a former band director, telling us how much he appreciated the pictures. :)

LisaP
05-13-2011, 12:14 AM
I was reading another post about buying people snacks with leftover DDP credits and I was wondering what random acts of kindness anyone has done or witnessed (not from CMs but from other guests) to help make someone else's trip more magical.
I will start it off. Each year my kids always buy the Mickey balloons on Main St. On our last day, as we are leaving down Main St., we always find another family on the way in and we have our kids give their balloons to the the kids coming in. It always puts a smile on everyone's face.

We've done the same thing ... it's a wonderful feeling :magic:

anewvision
05-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I had a $25,000 Rolex turned into the lost and found at EPCOT. I lost it on my favorite attraction (Horizons). An elderly Asian couple found it. I'm sure they knew what they had, but never gave it a second thought about tuning it in. That was 1989.

Ilovemesomedisneymom
05-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Just got back from my awesome vacation. After reading this thread before my vacation I decided we would buy a ballon before we left the park for the day.

I bought the one with Mickey and Minnie on it as I was leaving I stood by the entry gate where they check your bags waiting for the right family. After standing there for 15 minutes, I heard a little boy look at his mom and say "Look at the train mommy". That was it, that was the family I was waiting for. I believe I totally shock the family with this gesture. I told them it was a tradition that my kids and I had just adopted and they couldn't thank me enough.

So later in the week we went to the Contemporay and visited the Arcade. I played the Deal or No Deal machine. I was doing pretty good and had racked up about 125 tickets or so. I went up to a mom and her daughter playing a game and gave them my tickets. The mom was speechless.

Thanks for all the suggests. We will continue this tradition.

mattandmandy
05-18-2011, 04:51 PM
This is hard for me to write, so I will try to be brief...Every year on the anniversary of our son's death we try to do something special in honor of our son. A couple of years ago we happened to be at WDW and we decided one morning to go to Tom Sawyer's Island. We got there it seems as if it was closed, but the CM waved us over and said that we were the first ones in line. He stated that he didn't have time to hide the paint brushes and gave us some fast passes in exchange for us hiding them. As my wife and I were searching for a place to hide the brushes, I noticed a family with their "Make A Wish" t-shirts on. I struck up a conversation with the father and asked them if they were on their wish. He stated "yes" and I told him that they should probably look under the bush as there might be a surprise. I walked away and could hear the child yell and scream that he found the brush. I know it made his day and it warmed my heart.

BandMan
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
mattandmandy, that's great. And it's wonderful that you honor the memory of your son by brightening the lives of others. It's a lesson we could all learn.

BraddyB
05-19-2011, 01:32 PM
This is hard for me to write, so I will try to be brief...Every year on the anniversary of our son's death we try to do something special in honor of our son. A couple of years ago we happened to be at WDW and we decided one morning to go to Tom Sawyer's Island. We got there it seems as if it was closed, but the CM waved us over and said that we were the first ones in line. He stated that he didn't have time to hide the paint brushes and gave us some fast passes in exchange for us hiding them. As my wife and I were searching for a place to hide the brushes, I noticed a family with their "Make A Wish" t-shirts on. I struck up a conversation with the father and asked them if they were on their wish. He stated "yes" and I told him that they should probably look under the bush as there might be a surprise. I walked away and could hear the child yell and scream that he found the brush. I know it made his day and it warmed my heart.

Sorry for your loss and your story is very touching. Not only did you make the child's day, you gave the family a special moment that they will talk about for years to come. We need more of that in the world.

dizneydeb22
07-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I just remembered this: About 6 years ago my son and I went to MK while my DH and nephew went to the water parks. While we were looking for a place to see the parade, an elderly woman in a wheel chair called us over to where she was and asked us to please watch the parade with her and her son. She had a great spot in the handicapped section. While we were waiting, she had a great conversation with my son. Right before the parade started, she asked my son to do her a favor. When he asked her what, she said, " When you are older like my son, and your Mommy is older like me, you have to promise me that you will take your Mommy back to Disney World." He thought about it for a minute, then said," Sure, but do I have to wait until she's THAT old?" I was horrified at first, but she started laughing and gave my son a big hug! As the crowd was breaking up I thanked them profusely, but she assured me that we made their day as much as they made ours!

MKFD43
07-07-2011, 10:57 PM
When I was in the WORLD last year, I was in Epcot in China with my little nephew. We were looking at the plastic swords and stuff when I found a cell phone. There was no one around us. So i grabbed it and walked out side to get a signal. I looked through the contacts hoping to find home,mom or dad. Well as luck would have it I found DAD. I called the number and explained the situation, that I was in Epcot had foudn the phone and was trying to get it back to the owner. I asked him where thay were. he said that it was his sons phone and he was at epcot with his mother. I told him to call her and tell her to go to china to get the phone I went back in and gave it to one of the counter people and told them I found it and the owner would be by in a few minutes to pick it up. The dad was stunned and thanked me repeatedly before we hung up. :rocks::fireman::ambal:

texas211
07-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Great thread! So many fun ways to spread Pixie Dust!

I was a Cast Member for about a year in 1998. My husband (then my fiancee) had an annual pass, as did the rest of my family. I never had the need to use my Maingate Pass for my friends or family. (If you're not familiar with a Maingate Pass, it's a pass given to CMs that allow you to bring up to three people into the park with you up to 12 times a year).

When we would arrive at a park, we would wait in front of the ticket windows for a family of three. I would introduce myself (and of course show them my CM ID card) and offer to bring them in with us using my Maingate Pass. We did this on several occasions, and I was always happy to spread a little magic.

I love reading about the wonderful things guests do for each other while in The World!

:mickey: Ginny Lynne

That's just awesome, is all I can say.

FriendsofMickey
07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
During the year of a Million dreams (I believe it was the first year), a lady walked up to my twins in the restroom and gave them "a year of a million dream" Mickey ears. She said a cast member had given them to her and hers and she was not interested in them. My girls were thrilled! :mickey:

On another trip (first with my girls), we had just arrived and were staying at CBR and went to dinner there. When we were leaving the building walking back to our resort and the waitress came running us down. My husband had dropped about $150 - $200 cash on the ground. I know that she was a CM, but a great and honest human being! That would have been all of our vacation spending money.

The next year, I got to return the favor when someone left their wallet in a bus seat.

alliekat
07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
One time after coming off of rock n' roller coaster I realized I lost my phone.I thought it was probably shattered on the track in 1,000 pieces . About 10 mins. later someone called my dad saying they had found my phone we thanked them alot .

My family and I were in the Emporium when my son triped and fell .He was fine he just got a little bruise. Not only did they bring out the medics but after they checked him out and said he was fine a manager asked us what his fave. characters were he said, cars. About two days later concierge at our hotel droped off a package at our room that was a cars track and two cars ! My son was thrilled.

Disney Hungarian
08-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Bumping this thread back up!

Love this thread!!!

I have always given away FP's.
I always give away left over CS or snack credits. Although people waiting in line think I am crazy at first, they always smile when they realize it wasn't a scam.
I can make really cool roses out of paper napkins so I always keep a pocket full to entertain the tired children on the busses.
Mom loves to play the carnival games at AK. She always wins lots of little stuffed animals and has me push her all over looking for people to give them to.
This year, thanks to this thread, I just placed an order on-line for the 22" glow necklaces. I think mom will be just as happy giving them away as the people will be that she gives them too.
I also plan to let her give away a balloon. Thanks so much for all of the wonderful ideas.

kemps@wdw
08-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh my, we've given away FPs, food, even an umbrella stroller, given to us by a stranger @ our resort, that we passed on to another famly when we left. If we're flying, and have unused "supplies" we bought for the week and can't/don't want to take them on the plane,it's nice to find a family, just arriving, and "donate" to their supply necessities. :thumbsup:

Disney Hungarian
10-07-2011, 10:49 PM
In Sept. I bought mom glow necklaces to give away. It was a big hit.

Now, I need suggestions on what to buy her to give away on our December trip????

eire
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Last August, my family and I decided to grab one last dinner at Wilderness Lodge before we hit the road. A woman approached us when we walked in and explained that she was leaving after spending 14 days in WDW. She had many Disney Dining credits left. She bought our entire family ( 6 people) dinner and went and got rice krispie mickey ears for the kids for the car ride home. Can you imagine? What a way to end our wonderful vacation. Disney definitely brings out the best in people; we will pay it forward!

Disney Hungarian
10-08-2012, 08:36 AM
:bump:

I love this thread. Since we are getting into the holidays now, I would love some more ideas for our next trip.

faberj
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
What great ideas!
I will be buying some glow sticks for sure.
Such wonderful stories, thank you all for sharing.

BrerSchultzy
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
My wife is obsessed with giving people FPs, or taking people on with her with the Baby Swap passes. And the more I look back at all my WDW trips as a kid, I remember how my mom was always doing stuff like this. She sometimes buys stuff in the stores without any reason, other than she thinks it's cute. But when she sits down to look through her bags, she realizes she has no need for 30 lollipops, and she'll start giving them away.
I think the most fun I have in "paying it forward" is finding parents who are doing a great job with their kids, and actually telling them that they are doing a great job. Since I've become a parent, that's the best present anyone could ever give me. And this last trip, while we were waiting for Fantasmic, I leaned over to a family and told the parents how wonderful their kids were behaving and how they seemed to be such great parents....they were so grateful, and they said someone else told them that early on in the week, and it helped them remember why they were there.

This is such a great thread...and I'll have to remember the glow necklaces thing next time. I think this thread is what makes Intercot so much different from a lot of the other Disney message boards. Thanks y'all!

Auroring Good Time
10-08-2012, 01:09 PM
My son loves to play the games in Dinoland at Animal Kingdom. He never wants the prizes, just to play to win. He always gives the prize to a small child (after checking with the parent first).

wdwfansince75
10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Gifts that cost you nothing, but always gets a smile are park maps and event schedules....Although I could probably do all four parks blindfolded, navigating by sound and smell alone, I always grab maps and schedules for the parks...when I see someone looking lost, I offer a map. And when I here people trying to figure out what shows are where, and when, I gift a map and a schedule.

Gator
10-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I've probably picked up park tickets that were dropped at the gate a half dozen times and returned them to the guest that dropped it. I guess that would qualify, though I would hope everyone would do the same.

waymickey
10-08-2012, 04:25 PM

That is really a great thing to do!

waymickey
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
One year my daughter had gotten two tinkerbell pins. She planned to keep one and trade the other. However when we were waiting in line at TSM we got to talking to a family just behind us. They told us that they had just arrived this morning and that they were in a terrible crash just a few miles away from Disney the night before. They were all ok but all of their belongings were all over the highway and their car was totaled. (They even showed us pictures of there stuff all over the road. :() My daughter took one of her tinkerbell pins and gave it to the girl. The girl was so excited and said thank you about a hundred times.

sportsguy2315
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
One day I was working and helping an elderly man, his wife, daughter, and grandkids guide themselves through Epcot since it was their first time at WDW and I was giving them the grand tour (On the map at least) :mickey:.

I go backstage to grab up first visit buttons as "a gift from Mickey", and as I present the buttons to the family, the man has a surprise of his own for me. He gives me two pins: One was from Edwards AFB in California where he was stationed when he was in the Air Force, the other was a pin from a reunion of his squadron when he was in Vietnam. I thanked him for his service :flag: and wished them luck getting through the park.

To be honest, I was speechless about the whole thing, that this man had chosen ME to receive what I figured were at least relatively prized possessions of his just for helping them get through the park. Needless to say, outside of my Disney nametag, these pins became my most treasured possession of my College Program because it showed me how much people treasure us Cast Members.

mom2morgan
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
ooh...have to shout out to another poster here - I think his user name si something along the lines of "Epceddie"; he mentioned that he and his wife like to eat at Land pavilion, and they always grab a Soarin' fast pass on the way in, and then hand it to another couple as they are leaving. What a terrific idea!

Disneylover99
10-10-2012, 09:16 PM
We have been helped numerous times with our sleeping children on the bus.

We were always grateful when someone offered to take our stroller off the bus and set it up for us so that we could carry our sleeping children off the bus and put them right into their strollers.

now that our kids are out of strollers, we always try to help families with sleeping children.

We have helped carry strollers, bags and even other people's sleeping children off the bus.

It helps to make the ending of a hectic day on a crowded bus magical for families with young children!