PDA

View Full Version : Food Courts - POR & POFQ differences

azcavalier
05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
We're going down to WDW in December. We usually stay at POR, because there are usually five of us and so we need the trundle. However, this time, only four of us are going, and we're enjoying the idea of not being restricted to what resort we can stay at (and fitting in one room). We love POR and the food court that is there. In fact, the food courts and having a fridge are the main reasons we're not looking at staying at a value resort.

So, seeing as how we love the POR food court, how much different is the POFQ food court, besides the fact that they offer beignets? And also, along this same line of thought, how about the food courts at CBR and CSR?

Scott C
05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
The court at POFQ is much smaller but it seemed less crowded. Most of the choices seemed about the same. Pizza, Burgers and the like. I was not disappointed.

Thanks
Scott C

Mickey'sGirl
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
There are Beignets at POFQ.

We have stayed at both resorts, and prefer the food court at POFQ (for food quality). Also, if you are Annual Pass holders, and use the Tables in Wonderland card, it can be used at the French Quarter (because there is not a Table Service option there).

Goofster
05-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Between POR and CSR, I prefer POR. The food choices at CSR were really good, but the wait times for the food was lengthy as it is not your standard counter service restaurant (it's a marketplace thing). I give POR the edge simply because when my family eats at the resort food court, we want the food to be good and fast. CSR lacked the 'fast'.

Melanie
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
The food court at FQ has big, HUGE Mardi Gras masks hanging from the ceilings, if that makes a difference to you. ;)

Mickey'sGirl
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
The food court at FQ has big, HUGE Mardi Gras masks hanging from the ceilings, if that makes a difference to you. ;)
You sound like my older son. He says "Creeeeeeepy"!!! :D

KatrinaJ91
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
We've eaten at both and much prefer POR's food court. The atmosphere at POFQ was very loud and tacky. We liked the food at POR more as well.