PDA

View Full Version : Status of pool at DLH

mouseketeer mom
05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Going back in August. Will the pool be open?

BrerGnat
05-05-2011, 12:24 PM
It's hard to say. The construction is coming along really well. The monorail slides are looking really good. They actually have monorails on them!

As far as I know, the Neverland Pool is open until the "central pool area" (the part where the new slides are) is done. When that is done, the Neverland Pool will close, and they will begin renovation of that portion.

The Central Pool Area is scheduled to be under construction "through summer 2011", so there's no public completion date yet. August might be iffy.

BUT, guests at the DLH can use the pools at either PPH or GCH during all this construction work. Simply ask at the front desk and you will get a pool pass (key that will open the gate at the other pools).

goofy4diz
05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
We are staying at GC in 2012-can we use the pool at DLH? Is Pool hopping allowed?

BrerGnat
05-09-2011, 10:21 PM
We are staying at GC in 2012-can we use the pool at DLH? Is Pool hopping allowed?

No. Pool hopping is only allowed if the pool at your home resort is undergoing renovations.

All the pools at DLR have gates surrounding them that require the use of a room key to open.

goofy4diz
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought, my kids were hoping to use the new slide at DLR. How are the pools at GC?

BrerGnat
05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
How are the pools at GC?

Um...AMAZING!!! Seriously, the new monorail slides at DLH might be cool, but the pool area at GCH is just a completely different kind of awesome. The slide at GCH is no slouch. It's very twisty and faster than it looks! There are three pools at GCH as well as two spas and a kiddie pool. The lounge chairs have thick terry cloth cushions on them and you can get food/beverage service right to your lounge. In addition, the surrounding area is so pretty and relaxing and it smells like a spa! Plan to spend a LOT of time poolside at the GCH. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
06-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Lisa, here's a photo I snapped today of the "new" pool/slide area while visiting the DLH.

According to a CM in the gift shop, the "magic" date of 11/11/11 is when ALL the work will be done on the hotel. They are currently working on a portion of the Neverland pool. Part of it is still open for guest use. The pirate ship is still there (for now). Don't know the future of it, though.

Enjoy!

Melanie
06-02-2011, 08:38 AM
So Nat, can't tell exactly from that pic, but are the slides going to be dumping into just a slide pool like at PPH?

mouseketeer mom
06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Natalie!! Thank you!!! I just saw this now!!! I cannot wait to show my kids after school today, this is so much fun!! 2 months and one week and I'll be poolside the monorail pool. Thanks so much for the picture!

BrerGnat
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
So Nat, can't tell exactly from that pic, but are the slides going to be dumping into just a slide pool like at PPH?

Well, sort of but not really. The slide on the left is a long one with only a couple turns. It empties into a shallow water area (probably about 6 inches of water). You stand up at the end of the ride and just walk away. The slide on the right is a corkscrew, and dumps into a pool that is about 3 feet deep. You can see that pool and it has a ladder for exiting. You can't hang out in that pool. It's strictly for dumping the slide riders into. I would assume that the slide on the left is meant for younger kids and "non swimmers", similar to the one at Paradise Pier. The other one is higher (requires you to climb a couple extra flights of stairs), and presumably faster since it dumps into a pool.

It's hard to see in the picture, but there is a waterfall that comes down from the DISNEYLAND sign up top. I'm not sure, but it seems like the area surrounding the smaller slide is designed as a water play area. It's a large area of shallow water with lots of water falling from above and spraying from various areas. The pool area was essentially empty, so it was hard to know what is really supposed to go on down there.

BTW, I took this picture from the footbridge that crosses the pool area and connects one side to the other. There is plexiglass above the rails, probably to prevent people from throwing (or dropping) stuff down into the pool. The bridge crosses over a portion of the old Neverland pool.

BrerGnat
06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Natalie!! Thank you!!! I just saw this now!!! I cannot wait to show my kids after school today, this is so much fun!! 2 months and one week and I'll be poolside the monorail pool. Thanks so much for the picture!

You're going to have so much fun! Be sure to have a "Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum" for me. :marg:

mouseketeer mom
06-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Ok..perhaps an odd question...but where is this monorail pool? Its not where the neverland pool used to be?? I'm not following where it is.

BrerGnat
06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Ok..perhaps an odd question...but where is this monorail pool? Its not where the neverland pool used to be?? I'm not following where it is.

Lisa, it's sort of where the old waterfalls used to be. Do you remember how there was a big grassy area over there between the pool and the waterfalls, where the Koi Ponds were? That is the site of the new pool area. It's very close to the Neverland pool. In fact, on the very bottom of the picture, you can see a pool...that is the Neverland pool.

The tower you see in the background is the Wonder tower, the one that used to be closest to the waterfalls.