PDA

View Full Version : The Poly Peeps are back!!! Day Eight!

mouseketeer mom
05-04-2011, 09:02 PM
We decided to head to DHS again this a.m. We didn't get enough of it the other day. There is something so relaxing about this park. I love all the hollywood theming, the whole feel of the place. We got there for extra magic hours in the am. We rode what we wanted, including Toy Story twice. Then my silly daughter decides she will audition for Idol again. Just so Khloe can go with her and see what its like. She was warming her vocals up as we walked around the park this a.m. She is ridiculous.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3742.jpg
Anywho...after that experience we headed for an early lunch at Prime Time. Boy..this really is hit or miss with the servers. Last time we were there it was full on action. Today..well, we got a dud. Too bad, right? We were up for some fun. 3 of us indulged in the PB and J milkshakes. YUM!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3751.jpg
That was worth the trip alone. 4 of us got the chicken pot pies, and one of us the chicken ceaser salad.
After lunch we decided to park it on the Main Street by the hat for awhile to people watch. We had the old timey car with the performers park in front of us to do their spiel. That was fun! Then back to the Polynesian.
The usual afternoon fun, then we ate in the lounge tonight, we had such a big lunch with those shakes and all. We had Kona salad, chicken skewers with peanut sauce and sweet and sour Meatballs..along with assorted cheeses and fruits. We pretty much sampled snacks in the lounge every night, but this time we thought we'd make a mini meal of it.
We headed to Epcot tonight to enjoy a last stroll thru the countries. We really like the energy of Epcot at night. Suddenly we were all hungrey again. Us Poly peeps can eat. Steve got counter service Germany, Kai, China, and we also got pastries from Norway to share and GERMANY!!! More caramel!!! We sat by the lagoon and enjoyed.
We walked all around tonight and took it all in. Kai danced again with the belly dancer in Morocco. He was happy.
Back to the Lounge again. To relax and play games. No wishes..its grad night at the MK!

SBETigg
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I could go for a shake right about now, but alas... no. Ah, more World Showcase fun. So cute that Kai likes to dance with the belly dancer!

princessgirls
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
I must try this Caramel you rave about! Germany here I come!!!

I also love the World Showcase at night, I think it is one of my most favorite times and places to be. Magical!!!!

Lisa...your reports are so wonderful!!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-05-2011, 10:06 AM
It's from all the walking. I am always hungry in Disney.

Disney-4-Me
05-05-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm making a point of stopping in Germany for caramel on my next trip.:thumbsup: thanks for the tip!

pdrlkr
05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
thanks for the report, I am getting hungry now.

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
What a calm and relaxing day! Isn't Epcot at night the best??? Your Kai really likes to dance, doesn't he?

So sad to know this is your last night in WDW, but you guys will be back so soon!

KylesMom
05-09-2011, 10:37 AM
So you didn't mention how Katie did at AI this time . . . I bet she still enjoyed herself, though! I agree, I love the ambiance of this park.

One thing we've never done is eaten at 50's. I think DH is a little nervous he'd be made to eat collared greens or sing or something :D. Sounds like lunch (especially the milkshakes) were great.

Aw, it really is the last night? Where'd the time go? Thankfully you got one last evening stroll through Epcot - and one last snack at the caramel place! :mickey:

DizNee143
05-09-2011, 02:51 PM
another great and very yummy day!! :mickey:

Suz36
05-11-2011, 07:11 PM
I LOVE how relaxed you guys are with your touring!!!

faline
05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
It's wonderful to be able to tour Disney parks in a relaxed way! I certainly do enjoy following your family around the parks!

darthmacho
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I love how you made the Lounge your home base of sorts. Riverside Mill was ours last trip.

We had a "miss" at Prime Time last year too. I also thought the menu was heavy for a hot day at a theme park.

So, your DD didn't make Idol? I was thinking she might after you hinted it.

Still loving the way you do WDW. You pack a lot in, but you don't seem to mind stopping to smell the roses, so to speak. Great trip so far, and helping me get my WDW fix. The pictures help, lol. Thank you. :mickey: