PDA

View Full Version : When in August to go?

mickeyman42
05-04-2011, 07:11 PM
ok so we are looking at either going for 2 weeks and taking the kids or going for 1 week with just me and DW. So when in August would be the best time to go, or does it even matter? we were looking at either:

Sometime around Aug 17-31 or Aug 22-Sept 5 if we go for 2 weeks and either Aug 22-29 or aug 28- sept 5 if we go for 1. bare in mind that we can change the days by a few days in each case but you get the jist, either the last 2 weeks of aug or aug/sept.

I don't think its really going to matter but we are crazy obcessive planners and value everyone's opinion here. I know the free dining plan promo but we arn't even sure if we are staying onsite yet, didn't really like being cramped in a hotel room the last time (in feb/march) and would rather larger accomodations.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't think it makes a lot of difference.

We've been the last couple of weeks of August a couple of times, and the later in the month, the lower the crowds seemed, but after about the 20th, they were fairly low overall.

There will be a bit of a bump over Labour Day weekend, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So, what works better for you ... is there any difference in the flight prices, etc?

BTW - we love Newfoundland ... my aunt lives in Torbay :)

Disney4us2
05-04-2011, 08:34 PM
We are going mid August. I wanted to be back early enough to get settled before DD starts back to school in Sept.

Goofster
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
It really doesn't matter. August is busy and pretty consistent throughout the month, at least that's been my experience. You should base your decision on other factors (airline, etc.).

Inside The Magic
05-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Depending on which resort you are staying at the dates make a difference in price. Value and moderate are cheaper after 8/14 and deluxe and villas after 8/25.

They have the free dining plan starting 8/28 which may be too late for you. The reason the rates get lower is many states are back in school mid Aug so you will have shorter lines but it's still H O T ! LOL Have fun

Jodi
05-06-2011, 10:55 PM
We have gone anywhere from mid to the end of August in to September. I can honestly say, the week following Labor Day is the BEST!! Not too crowded, short lines, it was wonderful! We now go mid to end of August so that DD's don't miss too much school. Our arrival date this year is Aug. 19th. Can't wait!!

mickeyman42
05-07-2011, 03:25 PM
we have decided to go last week of aug, airfare is less terrible that week. thanks to everyone for all of your help, even though we obcess its nice to bounce things off of people who have been there

We would rather go late sept but cant take the kids out of school for that long anymore