PDA

View Full Version : disneyQuest

amcsherr
05-04-2011, 05:07 PM
am traveling this summer with myself, hubby and 11yr old stepson. we will be in orlando for 16 days, 10 at WDW (11nights). we hae a 10day parkhopper with waterparks and more option. we are going to do the waterparks on the sat. and sun. and i know they will be busy (especially since we will be in florida jun 22-july8!!)
but we also want to go to disneyquest after the water park one day...which waterpark takes more time? how much time do we need for disneyQuest with an 11yo boy who will probably LOVE it. I am trying to get as much in as possible, but i also don't want us to be miserable (the tween needs his sleep!)
any advice would be great. Haven't been to WNW since i was a kid.

buzznwoodysmom
05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
We did both waterparks last summer, and I'd say we spent about the same amount of time at both parks. I think there was more to do for my kids (ages 10 and 8) at BB, but they LOVED the wave pool at TL and we spent hours in there.

My kids enjoyed Disney Quest, even though I didn't like it at all. I think we spent maybe 2 hours there. You should be able to do it on an evening after either of the water parks. Or if you finish up with Animal Kingdom early (lots of people can do this park in half a day) you could go to DQ after that park as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2011, 08:29 PM
We found the waterparks to be much more fun (and much more exhausting) than we expected.

DD and I opened Blizzard Beach at 10am, and closed the place at 5pm. We were in no shape to do anything else after that.

So, the water parks might be enough of a day in themselves.

I know some people go to DQ in the afternoons, since it is so super hot at the parks, and then do the parks in the morning and the evening, when crowds are a bit lower, and it is a bit cooler.

Either way, it sounds like you're going to have a super trip.

MongoMil
05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
When we went in 08 we spent about 4-5 hours there. I like my games so I was the reason we spent so much time there. As I have said in other posts about it. If you like vidoe games you will like it if you don't, you will not. Again I am the firm beliver that if you have not tried it you need to. The most you will do is go in and then leave. You have the passes to enter already so no extra cost to you at this point. The elevator ride alone is worth going to check it out to me.

Operating Hours
DisneyQuest is open daily from 11:30 a.m. until midnight Friday and Saturday, and 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.

So with it open as late as it is you could do the water parks then go take a small nap then still make it to Disney Quest in the evening for a couple hours to check it out.

amcsherr
05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I am a nintendo/arcade junkie so I think I will have a good time there, as well as the rest of the family, thanks!

MickyLuver
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I think you could spend a lot of time in Disney Quest, especially during the time period of your visit, which is peak season. You could spend as much time in there as you would a theme park. There are lots of things to do, like build your own virtual roller coaster, Aladdin's magic carpet ride and many other activities and lines to wait for the experience for some. It is a wonderful area, cool and lots to do, even eat if you choose to stay for a meal.

Tink#64
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
We did DQ probably about 3 years ago, DS's would've been about 10 & 12 & we arrived at opening & stayed about 6 hours! We had a blast! Not something we'd plan again, but so glad we did it! We really enjoyed it all! DS's loved Cyber Space Mtn! DH & myself really enjoyed the POC and the Buzz ride! Had a great lunch at the CC factory & really enjoyed our day! DS's loved it all! We made a cd that we bought & a toy from like from Sid's room ( Toy Story Sid)?. Both from the Create Zone. DS's both still have what they made! All in all, great time & great memories! :thumbsup: