PDA

View Full Version : DDP and passholders

squijee
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I wonder why WDW won't let passholders buy the DDP. If you buy a pass and want to pay for the DDP you should be allowed to. I understand about the free dining plan, but if I am willing to pay for it why not sell it to me?:confused:

KylesMom
05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
As a passholder, you can buy the DDP - oftentimes, however, the Tables in Wonderland discount card is a better deal for A/P holders.

Here's a recent discussion of this very subject:

A/P & DDP (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=181597)

DizneyRox
05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
BTW - You do need to be staying on-site to get the DDP.

squijee
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
We are staying at Pop in Oct and inquired about purchasing the DDP and were told we could no unless we purchased a package. How do we buy the DDP and us our AP and not have to buy a package?

KylesMom
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Technically, the package is Passholder Room only with Dining Plan. I did a sample quote for May at POR under the WDW Passholder section of the website for two adults, and for A/P room only it is $122-$133 per night for 6 nights for a total of $850 with tax. Once you add the dining plan in it shows up like this for a grand total of $1,419.74:
Tickets None
Package Room Plus Dine
Special Rate April - June Passholder Offer plus Disney Dining Plan

You really need to get someone on the line who understands what you want to do. That's why I love Magical Journeys - they take care of our reservation for us every time & I don't have to worry about the technicalities! I will mention, however, that on the website they don't have any specials going for October yet, so it will not allow you to book. I would certainly call back & speak with someone who is "in the know".