PDA

View Full Version : The Poly Peeps are back! Day Four!

mouseketeer mom
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Today was our getting to Epcot at opening day. We saw very little of it on our first night, and we were excited to see the flower and garden festival in the daylight.
After breakfast in the lounge, and some lizard hunting..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3170.jpg

were on our way to Epcot. First things first, getting Soarin' fastpasses, and riding Test track. I love, love, love, the Barrier test at test track!! Love the speed sooo much! We headed to the exhibits and butterfly garden after riding.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3336.jpg
Everything was incredibly perfect and beautiful. Loved the Pooh topiary..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3331-1.jpg, how cute is that?? We explored the fairy gardens and took another traditional pic under the archway.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3327.jpg
At this point the sun was beating on us so off to Club cool for some refreshment. Steve and I love the Germany soda alot. So then onto Soarin'! This was somewhat funny, somewhat annoying of a ride for us..We had a group of non English speaking folks next to us on the ride. It was their first time riding. They were hooting and hollering so loud and speaking so rapidly and non stop during this entire flight. Part of us were entertained by their excitement, and another part of us just wanted to "get into" the ride, and not have alot of commotion next to us doing it. But we made the best of it, and off we went to the "countries". We stopped at a playground which had adiradonk chairs on our way. Steve and I relaxed. The kids enjoyed climbing and KT did her flips and such on the bars, then all of a sudden Kai came to us with swollen, red, itchy, hot hands. They appeared to have hives or blisters. He said it happened after he touched the ropes. We immediately took him to restroom and ran his hands under cold water. The hives subsided. Very odd. My kids have never exhibited allergic reactions to anything before.
At this time we were ready for lunch. Our ADR wasn't for another 2 hours at Le Cellier. We decided to see if we could walk up. Sure enough, we could! No problem! This was a great lunch. Our first lunch there and we would go back. We have only had dinner here before. 4 of us got the open faced cheesesteak. Outrageously good. Oh, and the soup too!
We took our time in the countries after that. The Japan candy lady picked myself, KT and Khloe for candy animal choices. We didn't get to bring them home as we had in the past. She said they were being donated to hospitals. :confused: Really? Then we watched the Japanese drums while enjoying the iced coffee in cans from Japan. Thanks whoever it was here on intercot that gave me that tip about the coffee. It was sooo good. Really, really, good iced coffee.
We moved on to Italy and watched Sergio,the italian mime. Really funny. Someone had a baby, and I mean, a baby, just under one, who was learning to walk, and they let this kid stumble around the mime during the show. I'm not kidding. I was so distracted by this, and these parents thought it was just terrific that their baby was walking all around the mime. He was trying his best to work around this, but you could tell he was annoyed. What the heck was that? This was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed at WDW. I was worried for the baby, the mime, the show. It involved balls and catching and throwing and running, and here was this baby stumbling around the middle of the show.
Then onto Germany. Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. That new caramel place?? Oh boy! It was heaven. The fresh popcorn, the fresh caramel cubes, the fudge. It was heaven. We returned here again later in the trip. Soooo good!
We finished our world tour and headed back to the Polynesian.
We danced, we played, we swam. Khloe walked to the Grand flo to see a wedding. Then we did something we don't normally do at WDW. After a delicious Kona dinner, we went to DTD to see African Cats. We thought it would be neat to see a Disney movie at WDW! It was!
Home to Poly, we actually took a taxi back, we were really tired. We walked into Eeyore tucked into bed by turndown service, as they did every night. So cute!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3247.jpg

badkitty
05-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Another great day! I'm impressed you were able to walk up to Le Cellier. With all my trips to WDW, I have never been able to get a reservation let alone a walk-up. Good for you! I hope Kai's hands were okay. What a strange experience and probably alarming for you all. Thanks for posting! :D

cer
05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Another great day!

Glad you enjoyed LeCellier lunch! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Wow, I would have reacted the same way to the baby, worried and distracted and wondering what was up with the parents. Strange. But I love hearing about your WS time. I can spend days in WS now. Love it so much. Glad Le Cellier was good for lunch. Good to know.

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Another great day. We didn't stop by the caramel place in Germany because the line was too long, now I wish we had been more patient! I'll also have to remember the tip about the iced coffee in Japan, that sounds really good. Very weird about Kai's hands, reminds me of our mystery substance in the tiny coke bottle with Collin at Epcot in March! Oh and the baby, I would have been distracted as well. It always amazes me when people do stuff like that. I often find that parents think what their baby is doing is cute, and are totally clueless that its either bothering or annoying people around then.

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Picture perfect!:cloud9:

yjgirl32
05-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
05-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Lisa,

Another truly fabulous day! Great time at the World Showcase...one of my favorite places on earth!!!! Going to have to hit Germany!

Lots of fun Poly Peeps!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MinnieMommie
05-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Great dining day! Le Cellier for lunch, Kona for dinner and Karamell Kuche in between. Yummy!

KylesMom
05-06-2011, 10:26 AM
That is so strange about Kai's skin reaction. Thank goodness you were able to get the hives under control - that would have been horrible!

Nice to score your ressie early at LeCellier. We have several ADR dinners scheduled here, and I must say I'm a bit apprehensive about the changes they've recently made. Glad you had a good experience!

Too, too strange about the baby trying to be a prop in Sergio's show. :confused:

Then onto Germany. Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy. That new caramel place?? Oh boy! It was heaven. The fresh popcorn, the fresh caramel cubes, the fudge. It was heaven. We returned here again later in the trip. Soooo good! Can't wait to try this place - much better than a Hummel store! :D

Another great day, Lisa! :marg:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the report...makes me want to be in Epcot right now

DizNee143
05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
another great day!! and i cant believe some people are so obliouvous to things..they should of moved the baby somewhere else!

Suz36
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Another wonderful day! I love how relaxed and go-with-the-flow you seem to be. Did you enjoy African Cats? My hubby and I saw it, and I loved it. I thought it was beautiful, and was surprised at how emotional it made me! I think it was a mommy thing!

faline
05-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Glad there was nothing seriously wrong with Kai! It was fun to "follow" you aroung World Showcase! Your family always has so much fun on Disney trips!!

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Seems like a terrific day-

That was weird about the hives...i wonder if it was some bug sprey thay had put on it or something like that?

I am looking forward to the new carmel place too...

We as a family all love Epcot. we all have our favorites, but we seem to have alot of fun at epcot consistently.

darthmacho
06-08-2011, 02:47 PM
We had lunch at Le Cellier last year, so it was great to read about your visit.

Ridiculous about the fools with the toddler disrupting the Mime's show. The epitome of ignorance.

Cute picture of Eeyore all tucked in. :mickey: