PDA

View Full Version : The Poly Peeps are back!!! Day Three

mouseketeer mom
05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Happy Easter!
We weren't sure whether to keep our ADR at Tusker House or stay at the Poly for Easter activities. The Easter Bunny and Chip and Dale were coming to Sunset point for an egg hunt. We opted out, leaving that for the little ones at the resort!! We made it to park shortly after opening. We had time to enjoy the paths before our ADR. We opted out of the picture with Donald, and were quickly seated. The place filled up really, really fast. The noise level was unreal and we could barely talk to one another. The food was very good, but not unlike most other Disney breakfast buffets. I don't know if I was still full from WCC the night before or what, but it was just waaay too much food to start our day. We decided to walk it off the best we could! We did the safari, and this was a good one. We lucked out with the animals this time. Saw an adorable Dad and son elephant scuffling and playing. I could have watched them all day. We saw a cheetah on the prowl and loved that too. 3 out of us rode Kali, we went to see Duncan, my beloved blind sheep, and his trainer was there and showed me a session with Duncan. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3234-1.jpg
We played around the park awhile, just taking our time.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3217.jpg
The funniest is Devine. My son is absolutely freaked out by her. He cannot make heads or tails over what she "is"..He is somewhat afraid of her yet mesmerized as well!! Well, she was onto him, and approached him and "kissed" him with the top of her head. Woooo!! That just about did Kai in!! Too funny!!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3241.jpg
We headed out of AK on the earlier side after getting frozen chai teas which we love.
Back to the Poly for playtime. We had an earlier dinner at Ohanas planned. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3261.jpg I had to snag my son for our traditional before Ohana's dinner pics. He's getting out of that snuggly age...:(
We usually do Ohanas the first night, but held out for Easter this time. Ohana's was excellent. Our fave place in WDW!!! No kidding. It is our fave restaurant both inside and out of WDW. We took our time, and had seconds on the bread pudding!! Sad when this meal is over. Love it so much. That peanut sauce is beyond words!!!
After dinner we headed to MK just to play around a bit and do a pirates ride. We shopped at some different stores on the right on Main Street and I found some "nicer" jewelry to bring home. Katie also made a good college program contact here and they exchanged facebook info, so that will be helpful for her.
Back to Poly for Wishes and Lounge desserts. A wonderful Easter!

SBETigg
05-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Good times! What a happy Easter. Kai is growing fast. You might find it encouraging to know that my twenty-year-old son still hugs his mom. I think Kai will always be willing to take that picture. It will just be a little different when he's much taller than you. :)

badkitty
05-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Great pictures! Everyone looks so happy. It is great to see a family having so much fun. Thanks for posting! :mickey:

cer
05-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Love it! Fun times! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
What a great way to spend Easter. Love the picture with Duncan, and love that dress you have on too! Hahaha. My boys still hug and snuggle with their mom, but Collin is definitely starting to shy away from it as well. Another great day!

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
What a great Easter. Your children will remember the magic their entire lives!:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
05-04-2011, 09:21 AM
A wonderful Disney day!!!

What a great way to spend Easter!

Thanks for the great report!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
05-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Happy Easter indeed!

What an enjoyable day at AK. While we've never been to the Tusker House breakfast, I have heard on numerous occasions it is LOUD. Great viewing while on the safari!

Mr. Lizard Hunter aka Kai is freaked out by Devine? I would have never guessed! :D

Great way to finish up a memorable holiday - at Ohana! So far you've eaten at three of our must-do's for dinner. Wait - you've only eaten three dinners! LOL

Another great report, Lisa. Glad Katie made a CP contact! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
What a nice Easter!

DisneyBarb
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Poly and Ohanas our are favorites also!! Enjoying your reports! Doesn't sound too crowded which is surprising!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Sounds wonderful...I couldn't make out Devine's features in that picture just looks like a plant bending over, wow

Suz36
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I learned about Duncan from one of your previous reports, and was sure to find him on our most recent trip. The cast member working with him told us a bit about him while we visited. What did you get to see the trainer do with him?

mouseketeer mom
05-09-2011, 06:12 AM
I learned about Duncan from one of your previous reports, and was sure to find him on our most recent trip. The cast member working with him told us a bit about him while we visited. What did you get to see the trainer do with him?

The trainer used a clicker for Duncan to hear since he can't track with his eyes anymore. Duncan waved and "digged", and was going round in a circle. He gets trained still, a few times/week to keep his mind sharp and active. Thats so sweet you found him!!

DizNee143
05-09-2011, 02:07 PM
what a great Easter! :mickey:

faline
05-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Wonderful Easter holiday for you and your family! I always love seeing the pictures of your family! Kai certainly has been doing a bit of growing!

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Excellent report,
i love the picture of all 3 kids in the yoga poses:)

darthmacho
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Great day! Love AK, and I love DeVine! Sorry your son is growing out of his "cuddly" age. My 10yo DD is getting there, but I think I have a little time left to cuddle 7yo DD.

I'm liking how easy you can get to MK from Poly. I hope to stay there some day.

Ohana sounds fabulous. It's on my wish list for next trip, as is the Thai peanut sauce, now that you've mentioned it! :mickey: