PDA

View Full Version : help/advice

JoF
05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I apologise if this topic has been covered elsewhere.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much scooter rental would be for my
DAD during our October trip? Is it easier to rent from our resort or at a park as and when we need it? He is not permanently disabled but it would just help with the walking around the parks all day.
How far in advance would we need to book one and would we need to request a wheelchair accessible room ahead of arrival?
Thanks for your help:mickey:

Disney4us2
05-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I have used Apple Scooter when I rented one for our December 2010 trip. They were great and have the lowest prices. Just google Apple Scooter. Great customer service as well

As far as a wheelchair accessable room. A lot depends on what his needs are. Can he step into a tub?? Can he transfer from a chair or able to walk into the tub area?

I use an ECV (scooter) and walker. I can step into a tub, so I don't get the h/c room with a roll in shower.

If he is not used to driving the scooters he can practice at Target etc any store that has scooters. Practice parallel parking to the left. It will help him on the busses.

PETE FROM NYC
05-03-2011, 05:47 PM
DW and I are both ECV users. She has her own and I rent from Apple. Last September it cost me around $210 for 9 day rental, insurance included. WDW charges $50 per day at the parks. I would call Apple at least a month prior to arrival.

ElenitaB
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
It's not only more cost effective to rent a scooter from an outside agency, but I find the equipment to be far easier to drive. Disney's scooters are small tanks!

OP, no need to make the overseas call, you can contact many rental agencies through a form on their site. They will either call or email you to firm up the details.

JoF
05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys.
Have had a look at Apple scooters and they seem to have it all covered.
:thumbsup:

ransam
05-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Been preaching forever and will continue to do so....but Apple is by far the best company out there....they are cheaper and they have the best customer service.....