PDA

View Full Version : Late Jan or early Feb?

WIMickeymommy
05-03-2011, 12:21 PM
We are rethinking our dates for WDW in 2012. Going w/ our family of 6 (DS8, DS5, 16 mth Twins) and my parents. We would really like to avoid the big Brazillian tour groups. I have read so many posts on how bad they are to be around.

When do the Brazillian tour groups start to die down in WDW? Are the gone in Feb? We are trying to go before President's day.

Any thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks

cuteduck223
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
We went the last week in January/first week of Feb this year, and while there were several tour groups it wasn't too bad. if they were getting on one ride, we would just skip ahead and circle back later. That only happened once--and it was on Everest.

Generally the crowds were light enough that while you could hear obnoxious chanting, they didnt really seem to bother us. I've heard its much worse if they're at your resort.

Disney1977
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi,

We were in Disney the last week of January of this year. The majority of the Brazilian tour groups departed the last Tuesday in January. The crowds were thinner in the parks after they left. My vote would be for the first week in February.

Have fun planning.

DisneyDoug2
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
We typically go in late Jan and there are some tour groups there, but typically you can skip over the rides they are on and come back to them about an hour later. They seem to have a set pattern when they are in the parks and all hit the same park on the same day, so you can always leave and go to another park if they are too large.