PDA

View Full Version : Staying at CSR for the first time!

laprana
05-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in October and I'm really looking forward to it! :joy: I've visited the resort a few times and love the look and feel of the whole place. Can anyone share any tips or advice for staying there? What are the best parts of the resort? Anything not to miss?

I'm thinking about adding a room request to our reservation, but I'm not sure what to request. We'd like to be close to El Centro and really like the look of the Casitas area. Would that be a good area to request? How about the Cabanas? TIA for any info you can provide on CSR! I'm so excited to stay there!! :thumbsup:

FigmentOfYourImagination
05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
We stayed at CSR back in Oct.09 and loved it!!!
We would be staying there again this fall if the resort would allow a family of 5. In any case, we stayed in Cabanas 8b first floor and found the location to be great. The room was very close to bus stop#4 and close the the pool and food court. We were not all that fond of the food court, but the buses were never crowded. The resort is huge, but beautiful. The pool is the best I've seen on Disney property, however my opinion may change when I stay at the BC this fall. In any case, I would recommend staying at the cabanas, but I think you will be happy with this resort regardless. Have a great time!!!!

Inside The Magic
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I agree with the previous post that the cabanas are the best location as you are close to the Dig Site (main pool) and El Centro.

Disney will try to accomodate any requests if available. It is a convention resort and sometimes they have a large section with rooms blocked off. Oct is not too crowded so you should be fine.

The room blocker will look at requests and try to fill them. The reason requests are not guaranteed is whomever arrives at the resort and requests a section at the front desk will be granted it even if it was originally blocked to another guests. The only "guaranteed" requests are a family with say 2 adults and 4 kids that require two rooms. Disney will not allow kids staying alone or split a husband and wife.

Good luck

GBBT
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
We've stayed at CSR and CBR and liked Coronado the best.The rooms are bigger than the other Moderates.We stayed at the Rancheros and it was a loonng walk to the front.Boy,wish I was going back.:cloud9:

laprana
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the great info, everyone! I think we might request the Cabanas section, although I know it's not guaranteed! Wherever we end up, I'll just be glad to be back in WDW! :mickey:

I've read some conflicting info on whether the guest room buildings have elevators or not. Does anyone know if they do or don't have elevators?

buzznwoodysmom
05-04-2011, 05:04 PM
We stayed there in 2007 and really enjoyed our time at the resort. We were in the Cabanas section. I had a request for Cabanas noted on our reservation, but upon arrival they had us located in the Ranchos. I told them, very nicely, that I'd rather stay at a different resort than in the Ranchos section, and that we'd wait for a room in another section to be ready at a later time if that would help. They asked us our preference, we told them Cabanas, then they assigned us a room in the Cabanas. Loved the location! We had dinner at the Maya Grill one night and it was great. This place doesn't get talked about at all, yet it was one of our best dinners of the trip!