PDA

View Full Version : The Poly Peeps are back!!! Day One

mouseketeer mom
05-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Please be patient as I write this report!!! The next few weeks are busy, I'll post installments as I can!!!
Cast,
Me, Lisa
DH Steven
DD Katie 17 BD trip for her!
DD Khloe 15
DS Kai 11

The day has arrived!!! We leave our home prior to 5am and with a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts as per tradition, we are quickly on our way to the airport! Our flight is ontime and uneventful. I was able to sleep a bit on the plane which was good, because I was waaaay too excited the night before. Arriving in Orlando is surreal. After all that planning, that dreaming, that waiting., the time is here. It's almost like a dream!! Each and every trip it feels like this to me. I never get used to it, the excitement and disbelief never wans.
We are ushered onto Magical express and leave right away. That's a first!!!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_2982.jpg
This trip was to be a split stay..3 nights CR Garden with a transfer to the Poly club after that. That didn't happen....
We did online check in and went to the desk to pick up our packet. We were told the room we were assigned to wasn't ready, but the CM said, I have a different room ready, but I would not advise you to take it, she said the room we were assigned is spectacular. The best most amazing location and views. She advised us not to switch into a ready room, that our room we were assigned to was well worth waiting for. This was exciting news for us!! We couldn't wait to see this room!!! We headed to MK after a lunch at Contempo.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_2995.jpg
We were so happy to be there, and couldn't wait for our room the CM told us about. We rode some faves with no problem. This was 2 days before Easter at Noontime., and we walked onto many rides. We loved the new HM queue. We loved the new ending to the ride as well.
Still no word on the room at 2:30, so we headed back to CR to check. When CM (a different one) scanned my key, she called me by a different name. Then she said room is not ready still and seemed uncomfortable.
So..we went to pool after getting changed in the restrooms to wait. Finally well AFTER 3pm I got the page the room was ready. We were filled with anticipation, walked to our glorious room, only to find it was dark, in a corner, and surrounded by a huge bush. THIS is what we were waiting for????? This could no way be the room the CM promised us. We would've taken any other room when we arrived, but she told us specifically to wait for this room. I called the desk, they apologized, then asked me to come back to desk for another assignment. I did this, and suddenly they had probs with getting the tkts off our keys. We had purchased AP's over at the MK, and the CM there hadn't taken them off our keys. So they told me to wait. And wait. And wait. I waited an hour on that couch in the lobby, exhausted and frustrated. Getting up at 3am was taking its toll. Finally, the keys were sorted, the room ready. We find it, We love it!! A corner room, views of the pool and beach, a private patio, the room is bright and large. Then...I realize..there is no place for a fifth person. The room sleeps FOUR!!!! I call the desk, they apologize, want to move us to another room now, they put us around the corner facing that exact same bush, its not ready though, This is now our THIRD room. I say, this is ridiculous, we are pretty much about to miss our ADR at Cape may if we don't get ready soon, and my husband is fuming. So they say ok..lets move you to another room, in the tower, MK view. My husband says he is done with CR. He wants no parts of this, he tells them we have never had such service at the Polynesian, they are apologetic, they offer to move us to the Poly in the room we are booked to move to on Monday. We accept, they drive us to the Poly, we are happy to be there, have our room, and be "home". They give us a voucher for a taxi to Cape may cafe, they hold our ADR for us, while we get ready. Whew. This was ridiculous. We are done experimenting with other resorts. The Poly is our home. We are in the Hawaii bldg, and we are happy! Exhausted, but happy. Cape May Cafe was great!! Katie got her first BD cupcake, and then a wonderful stroll thru Epcot was had. Then the next problem. We have been up about 18 hours now, and can't wait to get to the Poly to sleep. The Monorail is DOWN. Broken, kaput. The line for the bus, not to mention the walk there...is HUGE. And no buses are coming. I feel like crying. The kids feel like crying. Finally, after 1/2 hour. We are boarded. Then to the TTC, then the walk to the Poly. We are shot. I don't even remember getting into bed. We all sleep, and now the trip gets better!!!

SBETigg
05-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Wow, what a first day! That whole room thing, so weird! You must have been so relieved to get back home to the Poly after all that, and I know how you were looking forward to trying something new. But, sticking with your Poly home seems the way to go.

KylesMom
05-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I was so excited to see you back so we could hear all about your trip. Your opening family pics and introduction are great . . . everyone looks so happy in the pictures. Must have been early on in the day!

What a debacle to begin your trip, Lisa. :( I'm so disappointed for you and your family, especially Katie who was so looking forward to staying at CR for your first couple of days. With the prices that CR charges, that's the best they can do? Really? I can't even begin to imagine the frustration factor. Thank goodness they offered up the Poly to you - after all that waiting and runaround, I really don't think any of you (especially DH) would have enjoyed the resort.

Glad that Cape May didn't disappoint and that you're ensconced at your home resort - well, almost. Hopefully the monorail issue was a singular event & transportation for the rest of your stay was smooth.

Ugh, definitely not a memorable arrival day. Sounds like things improve, though. Looking forward to reading more when you get the time! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Lisa,

What a first day!!! Was happy to read that Disney did right by you and moved you, which in the long run did save you time, as you hadn't unpacked yet. Although, it did not come without it's share of anxiety!!

Can't wait to read more! Thanks for reporting!
Julie:mickey:

brownie
05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow, what a way to start your stay. I'm sorry you had so much trouble with your room(s). I hope things got better from there.

buzznwoodysmom
05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Lisa,

What a bummer to start your trip off with room problems. We had a somewhat rough start to our March trip, but not nearly as rough as your start. We still had a fantastic trip, and I'm positive the rest of your trip was fantastic as well!

We've eaten at Cape May twice, but both were on Thanksgiving nights. I really want to try Cape May on a regular night. I'll have to make it a priority on our next trip!

MizMissy
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
That's is ridiculous the troubles for checking into your room at CR .... but in the end it seems to work out best that you made it home earlier than planned!

You put alot into your first day, no wonder you guys were exhausted.

Hopefully all of your trip glitches happened on the first day and the rest of the trip was smooth sailing.

Can't wait to read more.

BrerGnat
05-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Ugh. What a horrible start to your vacation! I've never encountered any problems at the CR. That is so weird what they did to you guys...sorry you had to deal with that.

Looking forward to reading a happier report next!

Disney4us2
05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Your first day sounds like a nightmare just like mine, but for different reasons. Glad they were able to get you to your home. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

KatieDuck22
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
That first day was wierd and a half! hahaha it surely didn't set the tone though, the rest was god sent. :mickey:

badkitty
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
What a strange experience at the CR. I wonder what the CM thought was so special about that first room? That must have been a very special bush! So glad to hear the trip got better. Can't wait to read the rest. Thanks for posting! :mickey:

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
YIKES! What a start! I'm glad things worked out by the end of the day.

yjgirl32
05-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Holy Cow! What a terrible way to start a vacation especially at Disney. Glad to hear they fixed the problem and it didn't effect the rest of your trip. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
05-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MinnieMommie
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Lisa I am so sorry you had the problems you had checking in at the CR. Sometimes unusual things like this can happen. On our last trip we did a split stay and had the worse experience checking in at AKL. Got there at 9:30 am and after lots of polite dialoging with me my husband finally spoke with them and they got us in a room at 4:30 pm...it went downhill from there (this segment of our trip was truly a nightmare). I was very happy when we checked out and moved to BC and then BLT (where we had absolutely no issues at all).

All the resorts are usually great so when something like this happens I think we are taken off guard. It is not what we expect. I am so happy that you were able to get into the Poly and that the transition went smoothly. :mickey:

Suz36
05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Yay! I've been looking forward to your reports! But why did I have to find them right before going to sleep? Now I just want to stay up and catch up!! Better not though.

I know exactly what you mean about that feeling when you first get there - it hasn't diminished for me either after all our trips! I'm sorry to hear about your resort issues, and especially after the CM had built up your excitement so much! But now you're "home" - aaaaahhhh! I look forward to catching up on your trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Wow, sounds like a rough start

DizNee143
05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
ugh..what a start to your vacation..but at least it happened in the begining and things can only get better, right? :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Wow.... how frustrating that first day must have been. We've never stayed at the Poly, but know that feeling of "home" elsewhere, and can only imagine how good it finally felt to get there!! Heading on to read about your day 2 -- hopefully after a well-rested night!

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
So sorry to hear about your horrible first day. Hopefully things get better, im now off to ready day two.

faline
05-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm not sure how I missed the beginning reports of your trip! I'm so sorry! I know how excited you were to begin your stay at the Contemporary! What a letdown! I'm glad you were able to get moved to the Poly but I'm sure it was a rather frustrating and difficult day! Having read your other reports, I know the rest of your trip was much better so that's a relief!

Mackflava99
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
It is so funny, whenever you go elsewhere , you end up at the Poly, it is inevitable. There is some magic with your family and the Poly and i think that its great !!

That was a very long day !! too stressful. I am glad it eventually worked out.

darthmacho
06-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Glad it worked out, but I still don't get what their problem was at CR? What terrible service, and with little to no explanation. The way they goaded you, I thought they were going to put you in the castle!
YOu made the best of the day nonetheless. Well done. :mickey: