PDA

View Full Version : Bathrooms at WDW hotels

Basket Mommy
05-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I've stayed at probably 75% of the DVC properties and 3 of the 4 deluxe resorts and I can say that the lighting situation in the bathrooms stinks. We are currenly at BLT and the lighting near the sink is awful, but there's not another good place to apply makeup. I never wear a lot of it when we are here, but it sure would be nice to see where I'm putting it! The only place I remember having a nice makeup mirror hanging on the wall was in the honeymoon suites in the main buildings at GF. They had those nice mirrors on an extending arm.

Rant over. Just had to mention it.

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
::pixie::pixie::pixie:

There, now you're beautiful!

When you are on vacation, especially somewhere as magical as Disney, relax and enjoy!

Basket Mommy
05-03-2011, 08:36 AM
When you are on vacation, especially somewhere as magical as Disney, relax and enjoy!

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying my vacation. I was just sharing an observation.

SBETigg
05-03-2011, 08:50 AM
I've noticed that in some resorts, too. The bathroom lighting isn't the best. But not just at Disney resorts, everywhere. It doesn't seem to be a priority for hotel design to include some good bathroom lighting/mirrors.

magicofdisney
05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
A couple of years ago we stayed in Sago Cay (building 5) at the GF. It had the side mirror on the wall with the extended arm. I too appreciated that little bonus. Maybe they just haven't made it to all the rooms yet (although I don't expect them to be added everywhere).

disneymom15
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM
I've noticed the same thing. I think what makes the lighting worse is the use of the CFL bulbs.