PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Pizza Do You Like?

garymacd
05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I hope I'm doing this right. I have never started a poll before.

I was just reading a post in the Dining thread called, "What Food Would You Like to See?", and I think I may have started something really nasty. If I have, please accept my apologies and know that this is all in fun.

What kind of Pizza do you like? You have five choices:
New York Style Thin Crust
Chicago Style Deep Dish
Something in Between
Disney's Idea of Pizza
Frozen Pizza

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

NJGIRL
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I like thin crust with eggplant on top.:cloud9:

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2011, 09:16 AM
I like thin crust with eggplant on top.:cloud9:Me too! :tasty:

NJGIRL
05-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Beth the local pizza place slices it very thin and then it is breaded. It's heaven.:cloud9:

Georgesgirl1
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I love thin crust, but DH hates it, so anytime we order pizza we have to compromise. We more often go with his type of pizza which would be the somewhere in between :(

NJGIRL
05-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I love thin crust, but DH hates it, so anytime we order pizza we have to compromise. We more often go with his type of pizza which would be the somewhere in between :(

My husband & son won't eat the eggplant pizza so sometimes I order a pizza for them and a small for me. That just means we have pizza two nights in a row.:D

Dulcee
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Thin crust... growing up in jersey and then moving to NC makes it very difficult to find a good slice of pizza (even harder to find someone who will sell it by the slice!!)

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Beth the local pizza place slices it very thin and then it is breaded. It's heaven.:cloud9:
That does sound wonderful!

beksy
05-03-2011, 10:52 AM
I really like bread so for me one of the best parts of the pizza is having some dough. I can't find a true Chicago Deep Dish around here but that is my favorite. I always order something in between to try to get as close as I can.

Pop Centurion
05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm partial to NY/Neapolitan style since that's what's prominent here in South Jersey. But I enjoy Deep Dish when I can get some which is mostly at Uno's.
Never liked frozen pizza until the past few years when DiGiorno & Freschetta came out with the rising crust pizzas. They're still not as good as pizza shop pizza but good enough for late nights when I'm too lazy to cook.
I'm not a big fan of the pseudo pizza places like papa john's, dominoe's or pizza hut yet those seem to taste best with pineapple.
Never tried it with eggplant but definitely will soon since I like fried eggplant on its own.

KylesMom
05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Gary, did you really put FROZEN pizza on this list with the rest of your noted culinary delights??? :D

I think you'll probably find folks' taste will be indicative if where they live - or where they're originally from. Me, give me a Chicago-Style deep dish & I'm a happy girl! :mickey:

PirateLover
05-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I will eat any kind of pizza. Thin, deep dish, frozen, cafeteria, and even some at WDW. Rare is the occurrence when I've met I pizza I couldn't eat. Now that is not to say that all pizzas are created equal. I definitely prefer the thin crust "NY" style.

DiGiornio and Red Baron make passable frozen pizzas in my opinion. I've eaten the fast food pizza at places like Pinocchio's Village Haus and Pizza Planet, and resort quick service without qualms. There are only two examples where I just could not eat a pizza. One was when I was a place down the shore, I can't remember the name of the place. It actually tasted like someone had poured beer on it. Eating pizza while drinking a beer works, but when the actual pizza tastes like beer, it's not that appetizing. The second was in room delivery at Pop Century. Yuck.

citizensnoopy
05-03-2011, 08:54 PM
My favorite topping is cashews --- has anyone else tried this? The majority of my friends have never heard of it, but I basically grew up on it! :)

Disney-4-Me
05-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Cashew Pizza??? Sounds intriguing. I may have to put some on the next pizza I make.

NJGIRL
05-03-2011, 10:58 PM
My favorite topping is cashews --- has anyone else tried this? The majority of my friends have never heard of it, but I basically grew up on it! :)

Never heard of this, but I like cashews.

Is this a west coast thing?

citizensnoopy
05-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Never heard of this, but I like cashews.

Is this a west coast thing?

I'm not sure! Even most of my CA friends think I'm crazy. :) And I can't find any places that offer cashews as a pizza topping in Los Angeles. However, most places near my parents' house in Redlands, CA offer it --- so it might be a very regional thing.

I'm pretty sure that the places that offer cashew pizza use unsalted cashews. It adds a nutty, crunchy, slightly sweet flavor to the pizza. I usually get it on pepperoni pizza. :thumbsup:

RAIDER
05-04-2011, 07:10 AM
I have to go for the thin crust ,my favourite is a seafood one with prawns and anchovies and tuna :thumbsup:

garymacd
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Gary, did you really put FROZEN pizza on this list with the rest of your noted culinary delights??? :D

I couldn't resist!

We have a local pizzeria that has been making pizza for - well - since I was about 14. That was a little more than five years ago! ;)

I am told that the owner learned how to make pizza in New York, but after having pizza in New York, I realise that this was not possible. The crust is too thick.

But it is one of the best pizza's in the area. Thicker crust than New York, lots of toppings, whatever you want. It is called The Attic, which is strange because it's actually in an old gas station. All kinds of sports and area memorabilia line the walls, and with about a dozen different beers on tap, you just can't go wrong!

garymacd
05-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Well. It's official!

Sorry Chicago, but it seems the majority like the thin crust, New York-style pizza.

Better luck with the great ribs debate. Adam's Ribs, here we come!

darthmacho
05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Missed the poll, but give me a pizza with roasted red peppers and a copious amount of sausage, and I'm happy! :pizza:

Thanks for giving me a chance to use the pizza smilie, don't think I've used that one before!

Melanie
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Thin crust... growing up in jersey and then moving to NC makes it very difficult to find a good slice of pizza (even harder to find someone who will sell it by the slice!!)

I think you'll probably find folks' taste will be indicative if where they live - or where they're originally from.

Exactly Carol! Growing up in NC, I think Pizza Hut or Papa John's has good pizza. There's nothing wrong with that, just preference and what I'm used to as 'pizza'.

And we grew up with some good shops around that sold it by the slice. I remember a place at my local mall in NC called Shiano's that had slices. You know, 14, walking the mall, get a slice of pizza. Man we were cool. ;)

But yeah, I still like chain pizza. :D