PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf

Disney4us2
05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
We are going up to San Francisco this Friday for my DD's girl scout bridging. She is going from Junior to Cadette and will be crossing the Golden Gate bridge.

After we will be in the fisherman's wharf area. They are all going on the cable cars, except for me. I can't take my scooter on it.

It has been a while since I was there. Does anyone know if there will be enough to keep me busy while the others are gone?

Thanks

BrerGnat
05-02-2011, 06:12 PM
My sister used to live right near FW, so we'd spend time there when we visited her. She's since moved to an apartment in the Marina district, so I haven't been to FW in about 2 years.

However, there are plenty of shops to browse, lots of food/snack places, and there is also an aquarium right on the wharf. You could go in there while you are waiting. In addition, you can just sit and enjoy the view. The weather up there has been BEAUTIFUL and it should continue into this weekend. We were just up there yesterday and it was so clear you could see the Golden Gate bridge from Oakland! That's a rarity over there...

The cable car ride is really not too long. It's SUPER expensive nowadays (over $5 per person each leg), so I doubt they'll go far. ;)

MNNHFLTX
05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
There's also a neat place on Pier 45 called Musée Mécanique. It's a museum (free admission) of antique and vintage arcade games and you can actually still play many of them. It's been a few years since we were there, but I remember it was a lot of fun.