PDA

View Full Version : new ride based on cars movie?

kgoulash
05-02-2011, 12:50 PM
my kids were watching disney channel and i saw a quick bit of a ride being built in disneyland based on the cars movies.
i'm just curious what it is all about, can anyone fill me in?

BrerGnat
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
There is a HUGE expansion/refurbishment going on currently at Disney's California Adventure, just across the way from Disneyland park.

The largest portion of this "makeover" is a new land called Cars Land, set to debut in the summer of 2012.

The e-ticket attraction for Cars Land is called Radiator Springs Racers. It is similar to Test Track in technology and ride layout, but this ride will have dual tracks, and two cars will "race" each other for every ride. The cars look like Lightning Mc Queen, minus the eyes. ;)

Here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/disneyscaliforniaadventure/index?name=DCAPreview&bhcp=1&s_kwcid=TC|12603|carsland||S|p|5457255743#p=BigPla nsCarsLand&CMP=KNC-DLRDomFY11DCACars) is a link to Disney's Blue Sky Cellar where you can see a preview of the "New" DCA.

kgoulash
05-03-2011, 09:40 AM
thanks,
i have never been to disneyland and really know next to nothing about it but the preview on disney channel looked amazing
:mickey: