PDA

View Full Version : Lobby Computers?

Luv4WDW
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Normally my motto on a Disney vacation is "No Computers"! We leave on Saturday and today I got an e-mail from Disney saying that while we're they're they'll e-mail us special offers and tips... many of the offers expire when we check out, though. Does anybody have any idea as to what some of these offers are? Also, we'll be staying at the GF, I saw a previous poster mention that there are computers in the lobbies of the deluxes. I've never seen them here, can anybody confirm this? I refuse to pay to use the computer while I'm on vacation! Thanks!

DizneyRox
05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I've never seen a public use computer at WDW. Maybe an info kiosk of some sort, but not something you can use to check your e-mail, etc.

A smart phone should be sufficient, or a laptop, but WiFi is a paid service and most of the resorts that have it.

DisneyDoug2
05-02-2011, 12:49 PM
I have stayed at a few of the deluxes and never seen a lobby or free computer, always had to take me own and spend the $ to buy the internet connection for 24hrs.

PETE FROM NYC
05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I could be wrong, but I think I remember someone posting something about free wi-fi at the McDonalds.

KylesMom
05-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I've never seen nor heard of free computer usage at Disney's deluxe resorts (not wifi - but an actual computer terminal for usage). I know that you can utilize computers in their various business centers during normal business hours for something like $10 for 15 minutes to check your personal e-mails and such, but I've never heard of terminals being offered for free.

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2011, 03:41 AM
. . . I saw a previous poster mention that there are computers in the lobbies of the deluxes . . .

1) Free Computers + WDW = Oxymoron
2) Only free service is in DVC rooms for members on points.
3) Paid-WiFi is available in certain convention hotels in biz areas.
4) McDonald's still offers free WiFi, but no computers.
5) Business Centers at Deluxes and CSR do have computers for rent.

BugeyedMuggy
05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
The Dolphin hotel offers free computers in the lobby.