PDA

View Full Version : packing liquids for cruise

luvkatiebug
05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Okay, we leave for our first Disney Cruise in 3 weeks! We are not flying to the Port, so my question is, do our liquids have to follow the rules for flying. I ask b/c I know they have a security check point before you board, but I assume the same rules do not apply. Thanks! :mickey:

Ed
05-02-2011, 07:34 AM
You are correct; the same rules do NOT apply. You are not limited to small liquids/gels/aerosols that have to fit in a little ziplock bag and such. But some precautions are still warranted.

If you are going to put lots of such items in your checked bag, it's always a good idea to pack them in large ziplock bags so that if they get broken the contents will not damage the rest of the stuff in the bag or in other people's bags. (Baggage handlers, whether airline or cruise line, are notoriously less-than-gentle with luggage.)

Also, if you are bringing any "adult beverages" :marg: :beer: onboard, DCL requires that these be in your carry-on bags, and must fit through the x-ray machine at the terminal.

Which cruise are you on ? We're on the 5/22 4-nighter. :captain:

luvkatiebug
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
That's the one we are on! We are too excited and I feel like I have so much to do. Thanks for the info. I don't have a lot of things to bring, but will probably bring at least a few full size items like shampoo and such. Do you bring adult beverages? Should we pack some if we plan on drinking? I didn't know if we could do that. Thanks. :mickey:

Ed
05-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, welcome aboard, shipmate! Watch for me in a neon green INTERCOT T-shirt up by the adult pool. :rocks:

Yes, you can bring alcohol onboard. Disney is one of the few lines that permits it. They just ask that you not put it in checked bags for the reasons listed.

On our past trips, we haven't brought any with us, but this time we have a large group going, so we'll probably bring some wine and champagne. Bar bills can get expensive. :spend: