PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris for spring break part 3

pdrlkr
05-01-2011, 05:39 PM
4/27:

We slept in and had a late breakfast at the hotel.:sleepin: We then walked to the train station and took the train to a shopping area called Val de Europe. It was a giant mall and outdoor shopping center. We stayed there for about 5 hours and then took the train back to Disneyland park.

We headed straight to Fantasyland to try and get the things we missed before. Its a Small World was just like DL CA which is way better than WDW. The Tea Cups wouldn't spin a fast as WDW which Disappointed the kids but not me I never liked them anyway:sick:. The wait for Peter Pan was as usual about 75 minutes. So we thought we would go to Studios and try to get the things we missed there. The two Things we needed, Crush's Coaster and RC Racer had waits of 65 and 95 minutes. So we rode TOT again and headed for dinner.

We ate at Beaver Creek Tavern in Disney's Sequoia Lodge which was next to Newport Bay. The food was American with a starter and desert buffet. It was pretty good but the service was just average.

4/28:

We slept in again and had breakfast at the hotel (By-the-way breakfast was included at no additional charge). :thumbsup:

We went to Studios first and rode RC Racer. It was kind of like the swinging boat type rides but on a coaster track. We all thought it was pretty cool. We then got in line for Crush's Coaster. The wait time was 75 minutes. We all agreed this was the best ride at DLRP and the wait times reflected it. You ride in a turtle shell two facing frontwards and to backwards. The shell spins through each turn so you are never sure what direction you are going. Its kind of like Primeval Whirl at The Animal Kingdom except a lot smoother and faster. WDW needs this ride!

We the went back to Disneyland Park and got fast passes for Peter pan. It was almost 1 pm but the fast pass was for 7:45 pm. So the wife and kids had lunch again at Market House Deli and I had a hot dog from Casey's Corner.

We then went back to Studios to watch CineMagic again. My daughter wanted to ride TOT again. Then we headed back to Disneyland park for dinner.

We had dinner at the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland. The food was good but the service was slow. Several families actually got up and left before getting their food.:bolt:

After dinner we final saw Peter Pan. It was just like DL CA. We then rode the cars at Autopia and headed back to the room.

Next back to Paris for our last day.

faline
05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Interesting to hear what is different and similar to the other parks.

PrettyMinnie
05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Reading your reports makes me want to jet off to Paris! :minnie:

Disney-4-Me
05-01-2011, 11:09 PM
It sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished AND getting enough sleep. Impressive!

RedSoxFan
05-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a great place to visit. Maybe someday!!

KylesMom
05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
We then walked to the train station and took the train to a shopping area called Val de Europe. It was a giant mall and outdoor shopping center. We stayed there for about 5 hours and then took the train back to Disneyland park. Did you find any must-have treasures, or was the visit more for ambiance than a purchasing trip?

One thing that doesn't sound different - the lines for the waits at the major attractions. RC Racer sounds very cool - glad it was worth the wait!

Your last two days at Disney sound really enjoyable. Sorry to see you're going to be moving on tomorrow! :(

mouseketeer mom
05-04-2011, 12:16 PM
A Casey's in Paris!!!!

MinnieMommie
05-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Crusher's Coaster sounds awesome! I live Primeval Whirl so if it is smoother and faster I know I will like it. Thanks for this tip! :mickey:

vizsla
05-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
thanks for the report