PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? (late check-in ?)

alaMode
05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Hola!

Our flight arrives at MCO at 10pm. We're taking ME to our resort.

Should I collect my checked bag before we board ME, or should I let ME handle it?

I'm sure we'll be very tired when we arrive in Orlando and won't want to wait around for our bag...on the other hand, will ME leave it with the bell captain if it's delivered to our resort very late that evening? They won't wake me up in the middle of the night to deliver it, will they?

Any input is much appreciated!

luvdiznee
05-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately arriving at 10 pm you will have to collect your bags and bring them to the DME.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
:ditto: For any flight arriving after 10pm, you have to collect your own bags.

Really though, for any later evening flight (even those before 10pm), I would get my bags and take them with me, so I didn't have to worry about them getting to the room super-late, or having to arrange delivery in the morning.

alaMode
05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks for clarifying it for me!

luvdiznee
05-02-2011, 06:20 AM
:ditto: For any flight arriving after 10pm, you have to collect your own bags.

Really though, for any later evening flight (even those before 10pm), I would get my bags and take them with me, so I didn't have to worry about them getting to the room super-late, or having to arrange delivery in the morning.

This was us on our last visit. Our flight arrived at 8:40 pm, as scheduled, but we got our own bags. It was probably a good thing, because we had to wait about 20 minutes or so. Never had to wait that long.

BelleBeauty
05-02-2011, 10:27 AM
We've arrived after 11pm and not had to collect our own bags (not sure if this is a recent change). However, I highly recommend getting your own. Our bags arrived fairly quickly, but it was certainly after 1am.

KylesMom
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
We've arrived after 11pm and not had to collect our own bags (not sure if this is a recent change). However, I highly recommend getting your own. Our bags arrived fairly quickly, but it was certainly after 1am. Actually they changed it some months back. From 10 pm - 5 am or thereabouts you are responsible for getting your own luggage.

DisneyDoug2
05-03-2011, 09:41 AM
A few years ago we arrived about midnight and check in at ME, they told us they would transfer our bags to the resort, the part they didn't tell us that they would be delieved the next morning and we would have to call for them at the bell stand. OOPS! Based on this collect your bags!