PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Fantasmic!

BigFamily12911
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
:mickey: Hello everyone, we are going to WDW in the fall for a well needed vacation. Along with us is my twins who will be 15months at that time. I know that children at times will become testy and may make a fuss and one of us might have to take them out for a brief moment to calm them down. I was wondering if there were any rules for Fantasmic! and any other shows like it regaurding parents leaving and then being allowed back in to watch the show? Any help will be great

Altair
05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
First off, welcome to Intercot!:mickey:

The ampitheater for Fantasmic! holds lots of people and gets dark and very loud during the show. Your best bet would be to sit on the end of a row and maybe more towards the back.

Fastpasssteve
05-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Fantasmic takes place in a giant amphitheatre. If you needed to take your child to the back (where the row of concession stands are), it's not as if you've left the place. It has no doors or ceiling...it is out of doors. Massive. You'll have no problem if you need to take a time-out.

Pan
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Just there 2 weeks ago. they let us leave and return as much as we wanted through the area by the concessions with our ticket stubs. I'm sure if you touch base with the CM there you should have no problem with exiting/reentering.

BigFamily12911
06-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Thank you all soo much for the input, I am glad that we'll be able to go back in after a quiet time. I can;t wait till we're down there :mickey:

BelleBeauty
06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Just as word of caution, Fantasmic can be loud and scary at times. Just wanted to give you the heads up because it can be a little bit much for young kids sometimes.

BrerGnat
06-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Just as word of caution, Fantasmic can be loud and scary at times. Just wanted to give you the heads up because it can be a little bit much for young kids sometimes.

I agree with that. My kids, at 15 months, would have probably had heart attacks if I tried to take them to that show. There's fireworks, explosions, fire, a scary dragon, etc. Use your judgment, and if you can, sit up towards the back on the end of a row so you can leave if necessary.

Belle1217
06-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Yes it can be loud and scary. When my son was 2 I thought it might be a problem so I found Fantasmic online so we could watch it together a few times so he would not be scared. The first time we watched it he was a little scared (he stayed under the desk for most of it) but after a few times and lots of cheering from us at the end he was fine.

Hog
06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry a little off topic but, how does fantasmic work? Is it free, and if so how early do you have to show up to get seats?

Daisy712
06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
It is free. You need to see if HS has it scheduled for the evening. Make sure you line up way before the show, 45 minutes to an hour, at least. The line starts next to the Beauty and the Beast theater. It is a great show to see.

Snow's Mom
06-25-2011, 07:50 PM
The line to get in is scarier than the show. Same for the stampede on the way out! (And the line at the buses, if you're using them. Another good reason to sit towards the back!)

MKFD43
06-26-2011, 12:19 AM
I highly recommed the fastasmic/dinner package. You get priority seating and dont have to wait in the cattle line. We have 2 small kids 3 and 5 years old and waiting in line to get a seat and hour ahead of time wont work with them. We had the hollywood and vine buffet dinner package. Real good food. Me and teh wife liked it more than Chef mickeys(which in our humble opinion has gone down hill in recent years. )

ransam
06-26-2011, 01:59 AM
be prepared to wait in line, and be prepared to have a very good time.

Dulcee
06-26-2011, 07:50 AM
The line to get in is scarier than the show. Same for the stampede on the way out!

Agreed! Show up early to line up.

If you have young kids or more then one stroller sit and wait for some of the crowd to disperse before leaving. People get kind of crazy at the end of the night when they all make a rush for the parking lot. We've found just sitting and waiting for 10 -15 minutes makes for a much calmer exit.

MickeysBestPal
06-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Just there 2 weeks ago. they let us leave and return as much as we wanted through the area by the concessions with our ticket stubs. I'm sure if you touch base with the CM there you should have no problem with exiting/reentering.

Ticket stubs?

KylesMom
06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Ticket stubs?

I would assume this member is speaking about the admittance card you receive when you are finished with your meal in conjunction with the Fantasmic! dinner package.