PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs or CBR?

minnie-mouse
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
We usually stay at the Poly but not sure we will get a good deal for it on our next trip. We might have to do CBR or Coronado Springs. Any thoughts on either, good or bad for children? We have stayed at CBR a few years ago before the new pool. I would love opinions on either. Thanks.

buzznwoodysmom
04-30-2011, 04:51 PM
That's tough. We've stayed at, and really enjoyed, both resorts. With kids I think I'd suggest CBR over CSR. My boys are 11 and 9 and we've stayed at CBR twice and they loved it. Its probably their favorite pool on property, and they've experienced plenty of pools including the pools at BC, Poly, WL, AKL (both lodges). We've stayed at all 4 moderate resorts and CBR is the only one we've stayed at twice. That was because my kids requested, no begged, to stay there again.

kathiep
05-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Having stayed at both, my family always chooses CSR over CBR.

The main pool is amazing and never seems to feel crowded. We've never had a problem getting chairs or a table. The kids love the slide and the playground area. I like that the playground area is right by the pool so everyone is happy.

We also prefer the food court over CBR. At CSR - you can find more selection than the usual chicken nuggets or mac & cheese. There are many more options available.

The grounds are spectacular! Truly beautiful.

If you've already stayed at CBR - why not give CSR a try. You really can't go wrong - you're still in Disney.

LovinWDW
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I also agree with CSR. We have stayed at both and in our opinion CSR is much better. The pool is 10 times nicer as is the food court. CBR seemed way to big and the bus transportation was lacking. In short, we would stay at CSR again but never CBR. Good luck with your decision and remember either way, you'll still be at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

goofy89
05-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I also have stayed at both resorts. While both are nice, I'd definitely stay at CSR over CBR. I prefer the food court and pool at CSR. Also, the grounds are simply beautiful! :mickey:

Inside The Magic
05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Two points about the CS. First off as a convention resort you may see people in business attire as you are hanging out at the pool.

Another thing is you mostly stayed onsite at deluxe properties. Most moderate resorts offer double beds with the exception of CS which has queens.

One thing about the CB is the pirate themed rooms are pretty cool. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/

Click on rooms and view pics

MNNHFLTX
05-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I would choose CSR, hands-down. Out of all the mods, it is the one that has the closest feel to a deluxe. CSR even has a fitness center. Both are very large resorts, but I like the layout of CSR much better. :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your great feedback! We really hope we can do Poly again, but if not, it doesn't sound like we could go wrong with CSR of CBR!

goofy-4-disney
05-06-2011, 10:21 AM
If I had to choose between CBR and CSR for me I'd choose CBR each and every time. Having stayed at both I really prefer the CBR for several reasons. In my opinion the food court at CBR is better, the main pool is better and the grounds at CBR are nice to just walk around and relax.

Silver_Surfer
05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
This is just the decision we had to make! We picked the CBR over CS because after doing research I found the CBR being one of the original moderates would be able to give me and my family the best Disney feel & experience. The only downside that I could find was the size(could be a plus) & bus service reviews.