PDA

View Full Version : Children Menu Pricing

TinkerbellsMom
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
We're thinking of going to the World in mid-Sept. and our daughter will be 10, which means she classifies for the Adult pricing. She is a very light, picky eater. Do you know if she can eat off the kids menu?

Plus, any chance we get the Child buffet pricing if we explained she's a light eater? For example, we all love BOMA & I was finally able to get reservations for O'Hana, but I can't justify paying $40 for her when she'll only eat half a plate worth of food.

Note: we're most likely staying at the Swan this time around, so we won't qualify for Free Dining.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-30-2011, 04:04 PM
This is one of the tricky parts of a Disney vacation ... eating with the suddenly "adult" 10-year old.

At the sit-down places, you'll be fine. When DD was 10 they often brought her both menus and let her order what she wanted. Sometimes, if she was really hungry, they would make her an adult portion of a kids food.

At the buffets and all you can eat places though, if she's 10, you have to pay the adult prices.

buzznwoodysmom
04-30-2011, 04:46 PM
We've only had one exception of paying for our 10 year old. It was at WCC. My 10 year old wanted ribs and the only ribs were on the all you can eat skillet. He was the only one in our party that was going to order the skillet so I asked if there was anyway he could get the kids skillet instead since he is both allergic to and doesn't like (picky eater here too) most of the other items on the skillet. Our server allowed us to get and pay the kids price for the skillet. Other than that we've always had to pay full price for him, even though he hardly eats a child's portion most of the time.

It would be impossible for servers to be able to keep track of what kids are eating. And where do they draw the line at a light eater and a kid that eats enough to be considered an adult. If they allowed this at buffets I'm sure there would be so many parents claiming their kids are light eaters. Its just one of those things you really can't get around.

merlinmagic4
04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
This is the reason we didn't eat at many buffets this time around. We have three children: 14, 11, and 5. It was bad enough to pay the adult price for our oldest (who only eats chicken nuggets and pizza) but now with our party being 4 adults and 1 child, we just can't justify the cost. We did eat at Chef Mickeys. The host actually said to me that my "just about 11 year old" should be 9 for the night....and he gave us the child price. I would NEVER have asked for that but I didn't question him on it :)