04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Might go from AK to BB on Tuesday 5/10

Would arrive at BB around 1pm and stay till closing at 5

What length waits should I expect?

Thanks

BrerGnat
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
It depends on the weather.

I'd say you can expect waits around 30-45 min for the most popular slides. 15-20 for the mat slides and the three slides on the back of the mountain. The line for the family raft ride will be longer due to the way it loads. Count on 30 min for that one.

It really all depends on the crowd levels at the resort in general, but I'd guess that mid may won't be too bad.

andypooh
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
do the crowds decrease at BB around 3 or 4 or not so much?

BrerGnat
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
We went last year over spring break (week before easter). We arrived around 3pm, and stayed until about 5:30. There were no lines at all for anything we went on. Summit Plummet had something like a 15 min wait, as did the downhill double dipper. The only thing that took time was hiking up the mountain every time we did a slide. In general, we found the place to be pretty empty. However, it was a bit chilly. Temps were only around 75 and it was kind of windy, so many people probably opted not to visit the water parks.

Mfarquar
06-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I've always found going on an overcast day helps a LOT!

If it rains, who cares? You're already wet! I always laugh when people go running to their chairs when an afternoon shower occurs.

The only time it gets annoying is if there is lightning in the area. Disney is very careful and will temporarily close down and make everyone go into the buildings if this happens. When storms are quick, this is great because a lot of people leave and if you stay, you'll have the park to yourself when it reopens. Sometimes they'll close for the day if a LARGE storm comes very late in the day.

If you have a park hopper, it's no big deal if a thunderstorm comes and you want to leave to go to another park. IMO, hopping the bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge is the fastest and just switch buses there for the park you desire. :vacation: