PDA

View Full Version : AAA Diamond Parking?

idreamofdisney
04-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know the price of AAA Diamond Parking at the parks? Also, how far of a walk is it compared to the bus drop off locations? My mom is coming with us on vacation and she needs surgery on both of her knees, but at this point is afraid to get it done so she suffers every step. I'm just trying to make it less painful for her. She will never rent a wheelchair. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Altair
04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
The Diamond Parking Pass only entitles you to park in the AAA lot, which is closer to the front gates and is usually near the handicap lot. You still pay for parking at $14 or $15 unless you are a resort guest.
The AAA lots are not very big and can fill up quickly.
The Diamond Passes are availabe at your AAA office at no charge. Depending on your office, you can get them with ticket purchase or you need to purchase a package deal.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your Mom is suffering with her knees. My Mom had surgery a couple of years ago, and it has made such a difference for her.

The challenge at Disney is that you do TONS of walking. The trip from the parking lot to the park gate is usually the shortest distance of the entire day.

So, even if you park right up front, it sounds like she'll need something to get around the parks all day. You can rent an EVC, which gives her more control that having to be pushed in a wheelchair. My Mom loved being able to explore on her own, and without pain.

If she won't get a wheelchair or EVC at the beginning of the trip, she might change her mind during the trip, as she realizes just how much walking a day at Disney really involves. If not, be sure to have a plan for the parks with as little backtracking as possible, and I'm assuming she'll have to take it slow.

Hope you have a great trip!

brivers222
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
I bought a AAA diamond parking pass because we didn't book through them so we didnt get one. I must say, there were several times it was better to park with the regular people and take the trams (well actually this is at Magic Kingdom we ran into this).

We found many times that parking in the AAA lot area made for more walking then not.

but yeah its the same price as regular parking, you just have to have the parking pass provided by AAA to use it.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Do NOT park in the AAA Parking lot at the Magic Kingdom!! There is no tram that picks you up or drops you off at parking lot. You have to walk it. It's not all that close even if you are healthy and able to walk. Park in the regular and see if you can drop her off at the start of the row if you can. Then go park the car and meet back up with her and take the tram.

idreamofdisney
05-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Your replies helped. We appreciate it! Enjoy your day!

MikeyP
05-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Where are the AAA rows in MK that make them so bad?

Altair
05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Where are the AAA rows in MK that make them so bad?

They are at the far end of the handicapped rows. They are in the front, but way down at one end. I think it is still better than waiting for a tram.:mickey: