PDA

View Full Version : Best way to boardwalk

cuteduck223
04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
If you have dinner at the Polynesian (8:30 ressie), what is the best way to get to the boardwalk after? Since there are a lot of entertainment venues in the evening is there a bus? or do you need to go to DTD and bus to boardwalk?

Tygger7
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
From the Poly, your quickest option would probably be to take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom, then take a bus to the Boardwalk. You could also take a bus to DTD, and then bus to Boardwalk, but I think it would take longer. Unfortunately, there are no buses that would run directly from Poly to the Boardwalk.

Dream'nDisney
04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
You could also take the bus to DHS and transfer to the boat to BW or even walk to BW from DHS. I would think that would be the quickest route since DHS is the closest park to BW.

DizneyRox
04-28-2011, 03:47 PM
If you can get an MGM bus, that's probably your quickest. I'd walk, not take the boat. You'll surely beat it by walking.

wildernesslady
04-28-2011, 04:25 PM
I would take a cab. We did that after a late Ohana reservation. It was the best money we spent the whole trip.

AuntLaura
04-29-2011, 03:09 PM
First choice: I would take the monorail to MK and take the BoardWalk bus. Second choice: take bus from Polynesian to DHS and take boat or walk to BoardWalk BUT: these assume both MK and DHS are open and transportation is running to them. You will need to check the park hours to see if this is an option. If not, taxi would be quicker than bus via DTD. If you stay late at BW, you might need to cab it back to Polynesian.

cjdami
05-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Actually from the Poly its better to walk over to the Transportation &Ticket Center and take a bus from there. The TTC has buses to all the parks. That would be faster than heading to MK for a bus.
Know that the fastest way is to grab a taxi from hotel to hotel and the cost should be at least $15 +tip. We have taken a taxi to another hotel and that is fastest way. Good Luck planning!

DAWS
05-14-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree with the previous posters about going to Magic Kingdom and taking a bus to the Boardwalk. However, I might add that you could also take the Swan/Dolphin or Yacht/Beach Club, as they are a very short walk from the Boardwalk entertainment. I usually keep my eye out for the first of those busses to arrive, and jump on that particular bus.

Afterwards, you will probably want to take a taxi back to your resort.

Be sure to visit Jellyrolls - that is my wife and my favorite entertainment on the Boardwalk. The dueling pianos were great!!