PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Visa PhotoBook Package with Dining

Tink1
04-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Currently, this package is ONLY for those using a Disney Visa Card.

Disney has released a package that includes resort, tickets, photopass photobook and free dining.

Guests who book a stay at one of Disney’s Value Resorts will receive a free Quick Service dining plan. Guests who book a stay at Disney’s Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villas resorts will receive Disney’s Basic Dining Plan free.

Travel dates are 8/28 to 9/24/11

When you calculate this offer out, you are paying for all components except the dining. So, if you have the previous free dining offer - that price is lower (since you are not paying the ~$90.90 for the photopass photobook.)

We anticipate the offer opening to the general public next week.

Contact Magical Journeys (https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/wp/quote_request)to book your vacation package and support Intercot at the same time! Magical Journeys always compares new packages for you to make sure you have the best deal.

Nanc

E-OR
04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Ya Hoo! Just applied this to my package. We have been waiting and waiting to see if a new free dining offer would come out. Magical Journey e-mailed me this morning with this new offer.

alpro2
04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Kind of stinks that their current promotion ends 8/13 and this one begins two weeks later, 8/28. I guess I am among the unlucky ones who are travelling the two weeks in between (8/14 - 8/24).

PopPhan
04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
I wonder how tough it is going to be to get ADRs for this package, as it is already well into the 180 day timeframe.

MarkC
04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
We've been able to find some recently and even today I was looking for a couple late breakfast times and there was availability in early September. My concern is that to stay at a decent place, do you end up paying more than you would otherwise by just getting a discounted room and paying for food? I did contact Magical Journeys to get a comparison. We'll see how it turns out. I do have 2 nights on DVC points at AK so it probably won't work for us, but I'm sure it will for others. Good luck.

ransam
04-28-2011, 04:20 PM
it's funny. i called disney destinations to see if i had a pin code, and the lady told me that i didn't....but she did say that offers are going on all the time, and to keep checking back to disney's website...i asked her if she was hinting something, and she just said to keep checking.....then i came up to my office, came on here, and i read this...awesome!

2 questions...anyway of getting this w/o the photo album?
and what are the dates you can book this?

thank you!

KarenP
04-28-2011, 04:50 PM
2 questions...anyway of getting this w/o the photo album?
and what are the dates you can book this?

thank you!

This deal automatically includes the photo album.

It can be booked 4/28 - 8/27, based on availability.

E-OR
04-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Terrisue with Magical Journeys figured out the price difference when she sent the e-mail to me this morning. We had the discount, I think 25%, on our room so paying rack rate and getting the photo book it raises our package total $450.00, but we get the dining. We know we will spend way more than $450.00 with 4 adults eating every day. I had already made ADR's for restaurants we intended to eat at even with out the dining. I was able to add a few that we really wanted to eat at but were too expensive; The Yachtsman etc... We felt that for our family the $450.00 was well worth it. Can't wait. Also...Package can not be changed - you have to get the photo book.

luvdiznee
04-28-2011, 06:52 PM
I tried this with our current reservation for Sept and it raises it by almost $1000. Since it is only me and DD I don't think it will be worth it for us, in that we don't eat $1k of food. :confused:

Plus we are doing 8 days and for at least 2 plan to be offsite.

disneymomma2010
04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
SO do you think this means that there will be no free dining offers for october now?

Tink1
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
SO do you think this means that there will be no free dining offers for october now?

no way to tell from this.

Nanc

tcswife
04-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Can annual pass room rate discounts be applied to this package?

Tink1
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Can annual pass room rate discounts be applied to this package?

No, they cannot.

Nanc

ransam
04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
is the photo album one charge per reservation, or does each person on a reservation receive one?
thank you.

BeccaO
04-29-2011, 12:17 PM
Do you have to put the entire amount of the package on the Disney Visa or just the deposit? In other words, can I put the deposit on the card and pay the remaining amout with my debit/visa card and still take advantage of this offer?

KarenP
04-29-2011, 01:18 PM
is the photo album one charge per reservation, or does each person on a reservation receive one?
thank you.

It is one album per reservation, not per person.

KarenP
04-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Do you have to put the entire amount of the package on the Disney Visa or just the deposit? In other words, can I put the deposit on the card and pay the remaining amout with my debit/visa card and still take advantage of this offer?

You just have to pay the $200 deposit with your Disney visa.

luvdiznee
04-29-2011, 03:32 PM
How come if we are staying at AKL the free dining added an additional $1,000 to my balance? :thedolls: Is it you basically either get FD & pay rack rates or get the 35% off and pay for your food?

KylesMom
04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
How come if we are staying at AKL the free dining added an additional $1,000 to my balance? :thedolls: Is it you basically either get FD & pay rack rates or get the 35% off and pay for your food?

Yep, that's the way these promos work. You have to weigh if you would actually spend $1k on food, or if the room discount is better for you.

luvdiznee
04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Yep, that's the way these promos work. You have to weigh if you would actually spend $1k on food, or if the room discount is better for you.

That's exactly what I figured. And I don't believe me and DD13 will eat $1000 in food in a week. But I will check my math from our last trip to be sure. :secret: