PDA

View Full Version : MGM starwars weekend

disneyparadejunkie
04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Just curious... does anyone know who the guest celebrities will be for the starwars weekends this year???

jimsgal05
04-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey there, I know they are listed on the website at disneyworld..Anthony Daniels voice of C-3po he will be at all the weekends There are some from the cartoon voice people as well.. WE are going the 1st weekend I just hope to have my photo taken with him... well have fun if ya going.. Hope this info helps...just look in DHS upcoming weekend events"star wars weekend"

MOJoe
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
The hosts this year are 2 Clone Wars voice actors; Ashley Ecstein - Ahsoka, and James A. Taylor - Obi-Wan. They will both be there for all 4 weekends. The other weekends fill up like this.

Weekend 1
Anthony Daniels - C-3PO

Weekend 2
Anthony Daniels
Dee B. Baker - Clone Wars voice actor

Weekend 3
Ray Park - Darth Maul
Jeremy Bulloch - Bobba Fett

Weekend 4
Ray Park
Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca

Weekend 1 looks skimpy, but there maybe some surprise guests. But really, the reopening of Star Tours will be the big draw for the first 3 days.

KylesMom
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
LOL Joe, I was just working on comprising a list based on all the web rumors out there. :D On Disney's press site, the only official notification I can find is this:

Anthony Daniels, known worldwide for his portrayal of everyone's favorite protocol droid, C-3PO, will return this year for Weekend 1 (May 20-22) and Weekend 2 (May 27-29).

Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," will appear each weekend as Celebrity Host of a behind-the-scenes talk show entitled "Clone Wars: Behind the Force."

Happy to see that Anthony, Ray, Jeremy & Peter are slated to once again make the event.

squad51
04-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Just curious... does anyone know who the guest celebrities will be for the starwars weekends this year???
ok.:mickey:

KylesMom
05-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Posted from the Disney Parks Blog & Official Star Wars websites on April 29th:

Celebrity Hosts for the event this year are James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars). Ashley will host "Clone Wars: Behind the Force," a closer look inside the popular animated TV series. James will present another event-first: he will star in a one-man show that showcases some of the many voices he has performed throughout his career, including those from The Clone Wars.

Weekend I (May 20th-22nd)Opening weekend will kick off the month-long event in grand fashion, as fan favorite Anthony Daniels, who brought C-3PO to life and is the only actor to appear in every theatrical chapter of the Star Wars saga, will make a golden return to the event. Dave Filoni, the talented artist and supervising director of The Clone Wars, also will be a special celebrity guest for Weekend I.
Weekend II (May 27th-29th)Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) returns, joined by Bruce Spence (Tion Medon from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith) and Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of Captain Rex and all the clones in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Weekend III (June 3rd-5th)Ray Park (Darth Maul from Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett from Star Wars: Episodes V and VI and Captain Colton from Star Wars: Episode III) and Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker from The Clone Wars).
Weekend IV (June 10th-12th)Ray Park returns, joined by Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca from Star Wars: Episodes III, IV, V and VI) and Tom Kane, the voice of Yoda and Admiral Yularen from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
And while the stars shine, a galaxy-full of events, shows, parades and activities also take place throughout the park during the month.
An event highlight for many is meeting the Star Wars characters, and this year is no exception. More than 60 Star Wars characters will be roaming the theme park, posing for pictures and signing autographs. :darth: