PDA

View Full Version : Spending Money

Dedivah
04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
We (DH, DD7 and myself) will be at WDW for the Food and Wine Festival. We have the DDP (1QS, 1CS & 1TS per person) and have dinner scheduled at one non-ddp restaurant. We don't plan to buy many souveniers as we have a cruise booked for the week after Disney and don't want to carry to much baggage.

How much cash do you think we need for the week including sampling at the FWF?

I was thinking $1000 including tips and appetizers, since they are no longer on the DDP?

BrerGnat
04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Sampling items at WS can get expensive. I do know that you can use snack credits on the food items, though. To pay out of pocket, expect to spend between $4-10 per item.

I think $1000 is more than enough. You don't even need "cash". You can use your KTTW card everywhere, including at the F&W sample booths. I'd just use that when you need to, so you can see the running tally at your resort (you can ask for a printout daily at the front desk). Maybe budget $1000 but don't actually carry that much cash with you. It's not necessary.

Dedivah
04-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Sounds great!!! Thank you!!:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Every family is different so it is hard to say how much you should bring. We personally don't bring more than $500 on a 10 day stay and we still usually come home with cash. We use a credit card for everything because it's easier plus we earn points on our disney visa card for the next trip. If you are planning at eating at the F&W booths for actual meals it will be expensive because the portions are small compared to what you are charged.

One tip on the F&W: meal times are very crowded in the World Showcase. The lines get very long and are slow moving. If you plan on getting food from the booths try to eat early.

Dedivah
04-27-2011, 03:56 PM
We have ADRs for dinner. So it would just be sampling at the F&WF not meals.