PDA

View Full Version : My brother on dining plan but....

idreamofdisney
04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
he is coming later in the week. What if I book my room for a Monday check-in and we are on the Dining plan, but my brother doesn't come until Friday. We do have a pin code for free dining. I booked the room for 8 days, I'm buying tickets with the package. If my brother doesn't come until Friday, can I still include him in our room - I'll have to pay for the same package that we have - 5 days of tickets - (we plan on going to seaworld a few days) 8 days in room, plus dining plan. My question is....after that long description....when he comes on Friday will he have 8 TS, 8 QS and 8 snacks on his card? Can we use some of his snacks etc during the week since he will only be using his dining 4 or 5 of the 8 days. Does anyone know how that works? Thank-you very much.

BrerGnat
04-27-2011, 03:05 PM
All the food credits are pooled together. He will not have separate ones on his "card".

When you check in, everything gets handed out/activated at that time. Anyone can use their Key to the World card to access the dining credits that are in the reservation.

Fangorn
04-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Short answer to your question is yes.

We did this once - DS was to be with us during a free dining period, but at the last minute couldn't come until halfway through the trip. We had his dining credits in our "pool" since he was staying in our room with us. We only had a 1 day ticket on the package (DW and I had APs and DS was going to upgrade when he got there). It worked out really great for us. We had additional TS credits that allowed us to eat mostly at the Signature restaurants, and he used most of our snack credits once he got there.

Steve

sainter
05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
he is coming later in the week. What if I book my room for a Monday check-in and we are on the Dining plan, but my brother doesn't come until Friday. We do have a pin code for free dining. I booked the room for 8 days, I'm buying tickets with the package. If my brother doesn't come until Friday, can I still include him in our room - I'll have to pay for the same package that we have - 5 days of tickets - (we plan on going to seaworld a few days) 8 days in room, plus dining plan. My question is....after that long description....when he comes on Friday will he have 8 TS, 8 QS and 8 snacks on his card? Can we use some of his snacks etc during the week since he will only be using his dining 4 or 5 of the 8 days. Does anyone know how that works? Thank-you very much.

Will your brother needa 5 day park pass? If not, get tickets for fewer days for all in your group and then after you check in, add days for those that need more days. It may save him a little cash.

idreamofdisney
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
He will not need the 5 day pass. I didn't realize that once we are there we can add days to 3 of our party and not include Dave (my brother). I'll change our tickets so we buy the number of days he i s coming and then I'll add days for us. Great idea. Thanks for the tips.