PDA

View Full Version : split stay tips

mdhiggin
04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Our upcoming trip will be a split stay if our wait list doesn't come through. We have done this before, and it's miserable for all of us when we have to change villas. We have a refrigerator full of food, and piles of stuff for a family of five. We have our vehicle there, which helps. Do any of you guys have tips for a smooth transition?

caryrae
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
We did a split stay last trip and had our own car and there was no problems. We got up packed our stuff went to breakfast at Kona Cafe and were able to check in to our 2nd Resort right away, we were the only ones checking in at the time. We just made the Resort change day our off day without any major plans, we checked in and explored the new Resort, did some swimming, then wandered around DtD for a while, it was a nice day. It went smoothly without even trying but it was just my wife and I so that helped.

Not sure if it would help or if it's possible but maybe one or 2 of you can go check in at the next Resort while the other gets everything ready at the 1st Resort then hopefully if the Villa is ready you can just go right to the room without all of you going through check in.

mdhiggin
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the tips. Our upcoming trip will be for a combined total of 15 nights and with 5, we have a massive haul of stuff. Just physically moving it is the worst part. I don't mind the check in. I've been thinking about packing separate bags for the two different hotels, but I don't know if that will work. We'll have the washer/dryer in our room too, so that will cut down some on clothes. We just have so many other things we bring like electronics, food, meds, toys, essential Disney items, etc. I'm really just hoping we'll get our wait list and can avoid the move altogether.