PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Questions?

jaredkari
04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
We are staying here in June, haven't stayed at Poly in a while, and had a few questions:

Are all the rooms remodeled?

We are not concerned about being near the main pool but closer to the quiet pool and TTC so where should we request to stay?

Are there pineapple floats at Capt Cooks or just Dole Whips?

Is it possible that we will not get a balcony on the upper floors?

Any other tips about Poly?:mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-26-2011, 08:24 PM
We LOVE the Polynesian and I know you will not be disappointed. Let me try to answer a few of your questions. I am sure someone else will be around shortly to chime in.

For our pre-wedding we stayed at the Raratonga long house. It was located near the quiet pool. Very good location, not far from ceremonial house and it was nice to be near pool too!

I do not recall there being pinapple floats. I think just dole-whips. it is like a soft serve machine. Delicious!

We had a balcony on our floor so I dont know that it will be a problem.

Good luck! Have fun!:mickey:

A Big Kid
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
We just came back, having gone during marathon weekend. We stayed in the tahati building. It was about a 5 minute walk to the TTC. It was actually quicker to catch the monorail to the MK from there than it was to walk to the GCH.

Our second floor room had a full balcony with chairs and a small table.

CleveRocks
04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Only Rapa Nui, Tahiti and Tokelau have balconies on the second AND third floor rooms ... all the other 3-floor buildings don't have balconies on the 2nd floor rooms ... in those buildings, the 2nd floor rooms have sliding glass doors but a railing tightly against those doors (it's called a French balcony).

The good news for you is that the three buildings with 2nd floor balconies are also the three buildings closest to the TTC.

Polynesian Dweller
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Cleverocks has laid out the three best buildings for balcony availability. I would suggest requesting Tokelau and a pool view. Been in all and for garden view prefer Tokelau and the Tahiti.

A great way to go to MK is to use the resort launch. Quieter and only about a 5-7 minute ride.

You can easily walk to GF via the walkway from the west side of the Poly past the wedding pavilion. Great walk and nice way to visit GF or have a meal there. Poly guests can also use the GF spa.

And yes, all the rooms have been remodeled w couple of years back.

Bethanymouse
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I forgot- we were in Tokelau building not Raratonga!

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Just to make sure you know - no buildings are guaranteed, just requested. We've been pretty lucky with our requests though so I think they make a pretty good effort to accommodate requests.

Have a wonderful time there and enjoy the grounds.:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Just to make sure you know - no buildings are guaranteed, just requested. We've been pretty lucky with our requests though so I think they make a pretty good effort to accommodate requests.

Have a wonderful time there and enjoy the grounds.:thumbsup:

True but the distribution of rooms in the them park booking category makes it very likely to be Tahiti for thenop.